Monday, March 14, 2011

I must remember to go to the post office...

I actually have a letter to post! Yes, I do. I've been desperately trying to save to attend an interstate wedding. I've finally given up the ghost and had to send an inability. Took me a while to find one too. I was beginning to think that I was old fashioned and they didn't exist anymore.

It's the tail end of summer and into early autumn. The grounds are crowded with corellas at play. They can be very noisy, calling to each other from the trees. Zman and I could have sworn we heard one call Hello as we passed underneath!

I stepped out of the bedroom and heard a commotion from the kitchen. Thinking it was Sheldon raiding the rubbish again, I started yelling. Only to discover that both cats where actually in the same room as I. Jerome flattened himself to the floor; Sheldon bolted across the room and threw himself into the recliner. No one does Innocent like that cat, I tell you. I've still got no idea what they were doing.

This weekend I decided it was time for a blow the budget completely event. We went out to dinner at Sizzler. For those not familiar, it's a family restaurant where you can order from a menu, or pay for all you can eat salad/dessert bar. With all you can drink softdrink/coffee for a little more. We chose the salad bar option. I started with a hot food plate - alredo, potato bake, nachos. I was a little disappointed with that one; the alfredo lacked flavour and the potato wasn't cooked properly. Second plate was salad. Green garden salad, seafood salad and a smoked salmon and prawn salad. Not too bad but I was worried that I wouldn't be able to fit in dessert! Must have been the softdrink filling me up. A small respite and off for dessert. I started with my traditional vanilla icecream, chocolate mousse and chocolate sprinkles. My fave dessert from there. And went back for seconds ... vanilla icecream, warm custard and rainbow sprinkles. Yay!

We had dined early and headed back home. MOTH loves his radio so we listened to his usual old person station. The song says Rev it up, rev it up little boy and ride... And a car cruises past with a rear window sticker that says Yeah, I ride. Timing!

We arrived home, noticed junk mail in the letter box. MOTH goes to fetch it and spots a parcel near the front door. Goodness knows how long it's been sitting there; Mr Observant he's not.

Open the garage door to this..... He seemed very pleased with himself!He sleeps on an old blanket now. Luckily the rest of the bed is ok!

The rest of the weekend was quiet and spent playing WoW and wishing tomorrow wasn't a work day. Sigh.....

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

I didn't know Freddie was back with you. Funny, they always manage to look innocent, don't they?

Sizzler.... aaaaah! have to go there when we come up in October! Yay!

*dogrou* your dogrou has been playing up hasn't he? heh.

Anonymous said...

Ohmygodiamgonnakillthelittleblighter!





That bed was expensive. Lol.

-the elder

Anonymous said...

Also, save your money so when I come back u can take me to sizzler! I haven't been since that time Justin and I went.

-the elder