Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday morning. On a high.

It's 07:10 Sunday morning. It looks like it's going to be a good morning.

I discover that Sheldon has removed the pins from the notice board again. Time to repepper I think.

The sun is out. A gentle breeze rustles the palm fronds and the trees and moves the light clouds across the crystal blue sky. It's a good morning for outdoors. I grab the little shovel and a pair of hedge clippers. MOTH mowed the back lawn yesterday so it's time to tackle some of the heavier work. With all the rain over Christmas/New Year, a lack of drive, and a mower only working sometimes, it's the first time it's been mowed properly in a while.

Fred comes with me to supervise.

Sheldon sits at the back door and picks at the insect screen. Let me out, he's asking.

The biggest problem is that the garden waste bin is on the other side of the house and there is no wheel barrow. Small bits at a time. I work at trimming the trees first. Landscaped gardens they said. Not by my books! What sort of landscaper worth his salt would put trees that grow metres tall in the same area as a rotary clothes line? Under the line in fact.
The dogs next door start to bark, and I decide that it's time to quit as they are becoming quite noisy. I haven't managed to accomplish much.

Fred and I play for a little while. It is a lovely morning.

Sheldon and Jerome are rebellious today. They are indoor cats who long to be outdoor cats. They haunt the side door, waiting for me to come in. Usually a gentle toe in the ribs and the word Boot is enough to shift them; Sheldon rolls on his side so you have to step over him. Today, he decides to attack *ouch! teeth and claws on bare feet hurt!*

It's a team effort. While Sheldon is holding me down, Jerome dashes out the not quite closed screen door. Straight into Freddy. Luckily. Jerome would dash for the deepest part of the garden if given a chance. Where the rampant ferns, dead palm fronds and spiders live...

Fred and I manage to get him back inside. He heads for my outdoor smelling thongs, and Sheldon has somehow managed to shuck his collar. He wants his share of the thongs and refuses to sit still for a collar that he does not like.

When the novelty of the thongs wears off, it's time to scruff with Jerome again, run up the walls and all the way up the screen door.

It's now 07:30. Surely things will calm down now? No, wait! Whew. That was close. He nearly hurled on the carpet....

It's a little quieter now......

The rest of the week has been quiet too. The construction work is still ongoing, although it seems they have finished work on Level 5. They waterproofed the balcony outside our office. It's now an almost glaringly reflective white. Hopefully that won't last too long. The little tree growing in the debris has been uprooted and removed. We think the building is going to fall down now.

Contractors decided that in order to finish the waterproofing they must turn of the airconditioning for the day on Wednesday. The General Manager gives us permission to work from home that day. Whoo! Late Wednesday we get an email from the GM to advise the airconditioning didn't go off, and must be done another day. It's Friday and we are sent to work from home again.

I don't mind this working from home gig at all!

It certainly made Friday a bit easier. A trip to the doctor to check test results. Bummer. Low iron and B12. Injections once a week for the next 5 weeks, then test again.

I think I am going to find out what a pin cushion feels like...

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Baaahahahaha those kitties of yours crack me up. I wonder if you can train them to go outside but come when called? Might be a little late now. Dodge is an inside cat but as soon as the door is open he's off outside. Rarely goes outside the yard. Now and then he'll hop the fence but the dog lets me know when he's done that. When we call him, he comes back. He's good like that. And he is inside at night, and when we are not home. Bonus!

JoeinVegas said...

Tropical back yard - we used to have palms and bananas in back when we lived in San Diego. Vegas is way too dry (and cold in winter)

Chris H said...

OH NO.. injections!
I hope you don't fear them as much as I do!
You need a wheel barrow!
How come your cats can't go outside?