Monday, November 14, 2011

Titus Groan

Gormanghast. Brilliantly different. Although I've only seen the tv series. And not all of that either because something interfered with the recording and blew it all to bits. We're talking VHS here people!

I was thinking of this because I was groaning. Monday morning and all.

-------------------

I've mentioned that I was away booth minding for some of last week. It was good to be home but I didn't enjoy the flight as much as I might have. There was some turbulence due to cloud cover. And for the first time flying, my feet looked like balloons. I had to spend the entire flight flexing my ankles and calves and bouncing my heels up and down to keep it at bay.

-------------------

Checking in is much better when you know how to do it. And you have someone to travel with who has flown many times. And who also has access to Qantas Club and can get you in as a guest. Free food! And drinks!

------------------

I decided to hell with the budget, let's do something different. Breakfast in the city with MOTH and the Teen. Topped up the go card and then tried to find a place to eat. We trudged past a couple of places and couldn't find something that appealed to all of us. Teen didn't want 'breakfast food'. We settled on Coffee Club. The big breakfast for him, shared nachos for us. Caramel cheesecake for me. Mugachino for him and mocha frappe for her.

The sun was shining, we were under shade and a light breeze came up from the river. Beautiful.

We cruised a couple of shops Teen wanted to look at. MOTH wasn't allowed to accompany us into one of them because he wasn't cool enough. I'm not sure what he thought but she had a huge grin. In we went and I looked at the stuff she pointed out - baseball and basketball jackets and caps and trendy shoes. Oh look, I say, that's got a nice design on it. She looked at me and hurried me past the shoe display. See what I did there? I slipped a little 'embarrassing dad' into the mix. She laughs.

--------------------

The Teen decides to fly home. Do you want me to come in with you, get you through to the Security point and nick off? Gosh no, I haven't flown by myself before so I want you to come with me. Oh. She offers to pay for parking *so not cheap!!* so we're set.

-------------------

Chattering in the car on the way to the airport. We have some time up our sleeves but the traffic is heavy and MOTH is beginning to worry. The flight departs at 3:40 pm. She has to check in an hour before she flies! Well, that's a good time but it's just a guide. They won't board before 2:20 or so, just as long as she checks in before then. Oh. He relaxes a little. Soooo, I say. Do you have your ticket? Silence. Then she bursts into tears. Oh dear .....

MOTH suddenly changes lanes. We don't have time to go back for it. We'll just have to hope that she can check in without it. I really need the reservation number. I investigate several options for checking in. After all, what good is an e-ticket if you still have to present the itinerary? Kind of defeats the purpose. After a while, she lets me know she has the receipt from the booking. It has the reservation number on it! We're set.

Check in at the kiosk and all is good. She can breathe a sigh of relief and we just have to get through security.

-------------------

The bag is through. Whoops. No it's not. Through again. It sits there and the chappie does nothing. Guess it's ok. The deodorant has to go back in. You can have it, says the Teen. No point, says I. I've not got anything to put it in. But I won't be able to zip the bag again. I roll my eyes and put the can back in the bag. Zip it up and the woman with the explosives wand calls us over and we have to unzip the bag again.

Sheesh!

------------------

I'm up early. Haven't played WoW all week and I want to catch up a little.

MOTH mows the back lawn. It's a rough job because it's uneven and the grass is patchy. The side lawn has already been done.

MOTH mows the front lawn. It takes about 5 minutes. It's a very small patch of grass that!

------------------

Over to visit Bestie and her hubby. He's been in hospital to remove a small piece of disc that has been pressing on a nerve in his back. It's far easier to visit at home than in the wards. Morning tea is the go. A cheese platter and dips.

It's a half hour drive over, and we visit for an hour and a half. Or something like that. Don't want to tire the old boy out!

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

wow, busy week. Sounds like fun though. Glad Teen got it all sorted at the airport xx