Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday-itis

Another week and as the stores continually like to remind us, Christmas is drawing near and it's time to spend up big!

Which really annoys me cause I'm never prepared for Christmas. There is always too much year left over at the end of my budget.

--------------------

The lease on the house is due for renewal just prior to Christmas. I don't know quite how we managed that but yes, we moved on Christmas Eve a couple of years ago.

MOTH asked what we wanted to do. The rent is expensive *it takes almost half my wage each fortnight* but I really love the location of the house and moving is such a huge huge task. We decide to take the lease for another 12 months. I think we might like to take longer but they no longer allow leases to extend beyond 12 months.

The landlord has decided to rent again at the same price which means no rent increase and I don't have to find the extra bond money just before Christmas. Whoo!

--------------------

Christmas shopping has barely begun. Funds are short as always and I just can't seem to get organised to begin earlier in the year. I have managed to get gifts for Elder and the Teen *heaven knows what she shall be named next year. she's no longer a teen then* and one for my nephew. Just two nieces, two siblings and one partner, two parents to go. My wallet is weeping just thinking about it.

Nephew's present arrived from the USA with astonishing speed. Order place night 1; parcel delivered day 4. Very fast service!

---------------------

Elder has decided to give MOTH and I an early Christmas present. We have cable tv *foxtel here in oz* set up in MOTH's room. She is paying for an extra box to go in my room. Yay! Foxtel confirms that the tech will arrive on Saturday somewhere between 10am and 2pm.

I vacuum the floor. The tech has to have somewhere clean to work! There is so much cat hair trapped in the carpet. Elder phones early Saturday morning. The tech has phoned to say he'll be on his way. It's 8.45am.

He arrives not long after. Tech works quickly and gets the box installed. Fortunately there was an existing point in the wall so no extra drilling etc is required. He replaces the outlet with one that needs to be earthed. The new box is standard which means I don't have IQ so can't pause, rewind or record. That's disappointing but I can live with it.

He's hooked the box to the tv and it goes through the surround sound. Sweet. He climbs to the roof and adjusts the dish so the signal is 'perfect' *MOTH's words* and he recables MOTH's so that his too goes through the surround. MOTH is totally wrapt and says that he is very, very impressed with the tech.

The day is spent watching the box.

--------------------

Sunny and his friend pop round for a visit and to introduce their latest family member. Her name is Spirit.

She is a very tiny 10 week old ragdoll kitten.

Jerome and Sheldon weren't so impressed. I wonder if this is the first time Sheldon has seen a cat other than his litter mates and Jerome. I don't know his history.

She doesn't see them at first but they surely see her! When she does see them, she arches her back. Jerome hisses at her then leaves the room. Sheldon hangs around, watching like a hawk and growling occasionally. I'm a little worried he might try to beat on her but although he's very tense he keeps his distance.

As the boys leave, she begins to meow; a tiny little barely audible squeak. So little! Shame they grow up really...

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Like kids, shame they grow up! She is lovely! I saw a batch of those kittens at the shop the other day. Fluffy says a very emphatic NO! Sigh...

So which room did the box go in? The first was in the middle room I remember...

Chris H said...

OOOO that kitty is gorgeous, and that's from someone who dislikes cats!

Christmas... all up to date here, don't have much left to get! Yaaa, first time in many years I have everything sorted, wrapped and PAID FOR! Such a relief.

I too struggle with what to call my
BIG KIDS who are all in their 20's and 30's! Young adults would be giving some of them more credit than they deserve!
If you think of a better name than 'big kids' let me know would ya!

And thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment today.