Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Raggedy Ann! That's me!

Or the ragged bit anyway. I've been acquainted with boxes and packing tape for way too long now. I think I've gone deaf from the noise the tape makes as it runs through the gun. But at least I know now when I need to be finished by.

The General Manager has finally given us a timeline for finishing the packing. We need to be done by the end of this week. Whew. It feels like I have been packing for the last three weeks, doing most of the office myself. Admin2 is still on leave so she has not been here to lend a hand. Lucky her, missing out on all this extra work! Then again, with all the packing I've been doing, I've not done a jot of her work. Ok, let's amend that. Most of her work. Some of it can't wait.

I make a quick side trip to the supermarket this morning. I'm dying for chocolate. I confess to this most mornings but I usually keep my wallet empty to avoid the temptation. Works a treat in itself. I think it's Children's Week this week. I ride the escalator to the top and - OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT!? I've just been accosted by a giant eyeball. It wobbles toward me and crouches in front of me. Indddeeeeeed is all I can think of to say. *what happened to my witty repartee?* Out in the mall there is a hand. Oh, and an ear. Children's Week? I think they missed the word Nightmare in there somewhere.

Never thought to get a photograph either....

I'm standing at the curb waiting for the lights to change. I notice there is a woman standing beside me. She's standing on a spot that's slightly higher than mine. And she's wearing two inch heels. And still I don't come up to her shoulder. I'm no giant but still. Wow.

There's an older lady getting on the bus the same time I am. She's carrying a bouquet. The flowers are pretty. I let her get on the bus ahead of me. The driver is a younger male. He looks at the lady with the flowers and says For me? You shouldn't have. And they both burst into giggles.

The Teen finally books her ticket home. I am sure I shall miss her when she does go. She's been here about six weeks now and I won't know what to do with myself. There'll be no competition for the computer. My stuff will be mine again. And the house will be so quiet.

I bring my stuff home from work. The stuff I keep in my desk drawer. Yes, my stash of coffee, tea, sugar etc. And then I realise that I won't be able to have coffee next week. Planned that well, didn't I!

2 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

How much stuff is there to pack that it is taking so long? wow

Colleen Barnett said...

That woman would still only have to be 5' tall, you know :-)

So, now you're in your new office, you gotta do it all in reverse! You'll have to send me a pic when you get set up, yes?

*sureing* - you sureing had better do that? no? oh well...