Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sleepy kitty weather!

It's still raining. Although I could have sworn the sun peeped through just enough to throw a shadow today. It didn't last long - perhaps I imagined it??

Forgot to mention last week ... Dr appointment to follow up some blood work. I was so sure she would be telling me the usual. Blood pressure too high. Cholesterol too high. Iron levels too low. But no! Everything is fine. Just fine. W00t. Finally.

Final packing today! Moving day is tomorrow and I feel like I still have so much left to do. Admin2 is back from holidays but doing very little to help. I know I've been working on it for about three weeks or so but it's just like packing a house. Everyone has packed their own draws, but there is also all the stuff in the kitchen, boxes and boxes of old records which have to be archived as I go, I have two filing cabinets to archive and pack, old conference stock we haven't yet managed to give away, old computer cables and parts that no one seems to know what to with, and everything from the stores cupboard. This afternoon before I leave I get to pack up my computer equipment so I down tools at about 3.30pm to do this. That's it and I'm ready to go. I think. There is still some stuff about that I don't quite know what to do with.

Moving day dawns and it's still raining. I head off to work and decide I'll go in to the old office today. I have no access to the new office anyway. I'm second in, beaten by the GM. Amazing. There is still some boxes to organise but the removalists are already starting on the huge pile of boxes. By day's end, progress has been slow due to the rain and a reluctance to get things wet. It might be a two day job after all. Later the removalists decide that they can't do it tomorrow due to other commitments and need to keep going.

A work bbq today for the whole of ITS. A chance for staff to meet the buildings existing inhabitants. All of ITS is invited, even though we are no longer on campus. It's also a chance to go back to the office to collect some things. The office looks bare now, but I see that other sections/schools have staked their claim on the furniture.

I make it to the city bus stop this afternoon just after the bus was supposed to arrive. Many familiar faces are still about so I'm guessing it hasn't yet arrived. It's late. I discuss the merits of catching the 5.01 train with a bus buddy. He leaves but I stay. Eventually the 4.50 pm bus turns up at the same time as the 5.10 pm.

I notice we're following a bus on the motorway. I don't take any notice of it until our bus pulls over. We take on her passengers because her wipers won't work in the rain. Luckily we don't have a full bus this time.

The Teen returns home today. She's worried about her suitcase. Maybe it's over the baggage weight limit? We're not sure. Hopefully she won't go into panic mode if it is. We don't have the funds to pay any excess baggage fee. They drop me off at work and continue to the airport. Turns out it was over the limit by about 5kg. She rearranges things and takes some of it on as carry on. It brings the weight down to 19.5kg. Whew.

Australia Day today! Whoo! Go Aussies. A public holiday and what am I going to do? Absolutely nothing, that's what. But today is still payday and there are bills to pay and shopping to do. The rest of the day is spent not doing much of anything at all. MOTH cooks a lovely lamb roast for dinner.

I've wrangled today off work. Today I shall also do not much at all. Yes. It feels like a Sunday and maybe I shall end up going to work tomorrow.

Saturday. And I'm still here. I didn't end up heading off to work.

It's still raining today. Still. There is a small break in the rain and as I look out the window, I see the bush turkey chick has returned. Or perhaps it's a new one?

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

So, new office, new working week on Monday. Clean slate. Do you still have to stare at Admin2 all day or can you turn your back?

Love the bush turkey. While we were at Goolwa over New Year I saw a couple but was in the car so unable to get any pics :-(

JoeinVegas said...

So you moved off campus? Is it more or less of a commute for you to the new place? And how long to unpack before results are expected?

Chris H said...

I think we all stress out about how much our luggage weighs!
Cute turkey... probably would taste good too! lol