Sunday, January 08, 2012

Someone fetch that dog!

I think Freddy should be renamed. To Rustle. Sheesh. It's 9.30 at night and I can hear things in the bushes. Is it rats? Possum? Or has that dog gotten into the rat baits? I shine the torch out the window but I can't see a darned thing.

I can still hear noises and suddenly Freddy jumps out of the stand of trees. Go to bed dog!

The Elder and Burrich have come for a flying visit. To collect some of her stuff and leave Freddy for a short time. She decided to take him from his previous lodgings as he had nipped at one of the children. Fair enough, it was admitted that the kids had stirred him up, but at the same time he has begun beating up on one of the other smaller dogs.

So, he's back here till she can sort alternative accommodation for him.

JD is over for a visit to catch up with Elder. He drinks beer and we sit and chat. He's a funny chap and we seem to find plenty to talk about. Mostly music.

MOTH, Elder and I are standing talking in the kitchen. We are talking about nothing in particular and the subject of the mixer arises. She decides to check things out. She can't get the beaters to stay in either. Suddenly she gives them a sharp push and presto! They lock in. Apparently we just weren't pushing them hard enough. Goodness knows, I tried, but they wouldn't go in easily and I was worried that if I pushed too hard I'd break them.

It's good to catch up with them. The visit is very short and they leave two days later.

We have a coffee date with one of MOTH's friends. She's not confirmed a time but we have a meeting place. He sends her a text and a message to confirm a time. She doesn't reply. We don't go out after all.

It's hot and I'm bored. Stir crazy in fact. I want to go out but fuel is short and MOTH is difficult to convince. I bend his ear a couple times and we head over to one of the shopping centres. Not too far away but it's something to do on a hot and humid Saturday afternoon.

It's hot and humid again today. Uncomfortable enough to want to go out to the local shops in the afternoon and sit for a while. We decide to get a couple of the snacks that are on special. Three small packets of chips for $3. And two 600ml coke for $5. We make our choices and head for the checkout. Turns out the twistie flavour isn't one of the ones on special. In spite of the labelling which just says Smiths, Twisties and a third brand. Dang. Which also means that we don't get the other two packets at the special price. Siiiiigh.

All is quiet at home. I'm running the dehumidifier and the fan. The room is cooling nicely. Dinner has been eaten early. I sit in the rumpus room to watch Narnia: Voyage of the Dawntreader. The lights are out. I have chips. And it feels like I really am at the movies. It's great. Until I hear rustling in the bushes and the mood is spoiled while we circle back to the beginning of the journal. *heh*

The Teen and Mexican have gone out tonight. I get a call to pick them up from a different station to usual. Okay, no worries. We arrive and it looks like the station has had a refurbishment. I don't get out of the car but the walls and approach to the platforms is different. I don't see that; my viewpoint is usually from the tracks above. We've seen three ambulances out tonight. Two with lights and one without. Perhaps one of the ones with lights was the paramedic; it wasn't the usual ambulance van.

But the kids are home now, I guess it's time to go prep for work tomorrow and then off to bed. G'night!

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Perhaps you should have swapped the twisties for another Cheese and Onion?? That way YOU get two packets and they are all on special!

We have a dog in our social group who is always doing a Fozzie Run. He made quite a nuisance of himself this last holiday. Little bugger.

Nice to have all the kids at home. And where else would you rather be in the heat than in the airconditioned shopping centre!

JoeinVegas said...

A house full.