Monday, June 04, 2012

Argh! Turn it off! Turn it off!

I think I need new sunglasses. These have always been a little slack but they are getting worse. Or my eyes are getting more sensitive. Today I had to sit on the wrong side of the bus. The sun shines directly in my eyes and I have to close them for a little ... they say falling asleep on the bus on the way to work isn't good for you, don't they??

The week is ultra quiet. The conference is over and with it my work load has dropped drastically. So drastically that I am a little worried that I might need to justify my existence.

C and the GM are out of the office for three days. C has left me a couple of tasks that she wants done by the end of the week. But I've managed to do them before she leaves. Froggy tells me that I'm just too efficient.

I've not caught the bus this week, so not much to tell by way of tales. Actually, even when I do there isn't much to tell lately. The general public is becoming rather slack methinks. It's also been a week and Cupcake hasn't come to collect some of the things she's left behind. I think she still also has a set of our housekeys. I should get MOTH to remind her *again* as I can envision 'babysittig' that stuff for ages like I did the last time one of Teen's friends left stuff behind.

My avon finally arrived this week. Exciting life I lead, hey. I spent about $46 for a makeup bag which contained a foundation, blush, mascara, eyeshadow, lippy. Would you believe to just get the foundation *the product i was actually interested in* is $30 on its own.

I'm out at the shops with the Club. You know, the one MOTH hangs with. He's told them I will be there so I've made an effort to accommodate him. We spend most of the morning there and I head back home. Wish it would stop raining. There's washing to do! I want to try using fabric softener but I can't find the manual. I don't know which part of the detergent tray to use. I decide to search online but the product doesn't have an online manual available. Unless I want to download one from one of those dodgy sites that offer them if you do this or fill out that or subscribe in some way. So I look to the forums. It seems the general consensus is not to buy the product in the first place. We've had ours for nearly 7 years and it looks like it should have failed miserably about 3 or 4 years ago. And that's from those with the longer lasting machines. And the noise, sometimes smelly wash, and the walking all over the floor are common too! Better get saving cause I'm thinking it won't be long before we are up for a new one.

I decide to play Diablo this afternoon. I've been so caught up reading that I've not been playing any of my games. But my level is too low to easily beat this foe so have to spend time monster hunting so I can gain a small advantage. MOTH decides to start a batch of pea and ham soup. It's a 2 day process apparently.

It's still raining this morning and the washing isn't drying! This is the only time I lament not having a dryer. I might have to think about bringing some items in from outside. But I had put the lights/whites load to dry in the spare room and MOTH's shorts are still wet too... It's a lose/lose whichever way I go. Sigh.

Today is catch up on viewing day. I watch Grimm and Once Upon A Time. I've only managed to get the first episode of that and missed the next 2. Is it worthwhile trying to catch up with the rest? I can't series link it so I have to make an effort each week to tape it. Hmmm. Never mind, I decide to spend some time watching dvds. But first I have to venture out to get them. MOTH takes me with him to join the lads. I go with him and it's noted that I'm there a second day running. I grin and tell Stan that I'm only there because I had something else to do that way. He laughs.

It's Teen's birthday and MOTH had done the unthinkable and phoned her. Of course, it's too early so the call goes to voice mail. Apparently it sends as a text if not answered. While out that morning I get a text from her to say thanks for the birthday wishes. She mentions that she got MOTH's message as a text. She doesn't know what a HUMPKIN is but she isn't sure she likes it. We all fall about laughing. That's GOLD!

We've chosen the dvds. I've made MOTH come with me as he usually just waits in the car but this time he actually found a couple of movies he wanted to watch. We sit down to watch The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (US version). It's not a bad movie and the scene I was dreading wasn't as graphic as I thought it might have been. It's more graphic in the book. I have read all 3 of them a while ago and since I missed the beginning I was having a little trouble working out where I was in the movie. MOTH heads off to begin part 2 of the soup.

One of the movies I have is Hugo. I didn't get to see it in the cinema but it certainly looks enticing. I put it on and wow. Not even into the film very far and it is visually stunning. The colours! The depth! The cinematography is amazing and it turns out to have a good story line too. But while it was playing I decided I would begin making a lime cheesecake, the recipe supplied courtesy of sparklingmerlot. But since the soup is also going on, I've lost a lot of bench space so I'm not sure how it will turn out. If I'm not 100% comfy while cooking it often doesn't work. Half the bench is dirty utensils. The bench is wide and today I'm having trouble reaching the plug properly *it's in the middle of the bench and hey, with stuff all around...* I have to rearrange the cupboard just so I can get the right size springform pan. I notice there are things put back in the oddest of places. I have to wash up some stuff before I can begin. The dish drainer is full and .. well, you can guess... Eventually I get it done and in the fridge. But I've missed a lot of my movie...

Mouse sends me a text to tell me Horrible Histories will be starting soon. She had mentioned it but I'd never seen it. Yes, I like it. Educational and funny. I settle in for Sunday night viewing - Hercule Poriot. I think I've read the book but I hadn't seen the movie before. And somewhere in there I miss a text from the Teen to tell me to watch SBS1 for a documentary involving Star Wars and technology. That might have been good too. Never rains but it pours....

2 comments:

Butterfly Kissez said...

Might have to try the lime cheesecake myself :) Sounds divine :) I also want to make a key lime pie (not that we sell those kinds of limes here) While in Canberra my cousin's American boyfriend made a key lime pie but with whatever limes Australia sells and it still tasted yum :) Need to find that recipe too :)

Colleen Barnett said...

I wonder what I was going to write here. I got interrupted... sigh.

Well, great blog, thanks for the read anyway :-)

And no, I would certainly not say you were too efficient, merely that IF you are too efficient, people expect things...so beware... lol

xx