Monday, June 11, 2012

Sleepy Kitteh

Though this update really has nothing to do with kitties, I think. Actually if I think about it at all, it's probably more a week of lunatics and oddballs.

Driving to work today and I seem to be caught behind a bus. A 428 to be precise. Hey. It's going the same way I am. That's a bit odd but nothing more. Suddenly I realise ... as it starts going around the round about. It's missed it's turn and has to go back. No wonder I was confused. Wonder if that will set the tone of the day??

The traffic homeward bound is a little heavy. I see two lanes and two rows of cars stretching out in front of me. Suddenly a motorcycle in the right lane PASSES THE CAR it is following, thereby passing the car to the left. Sheesh! Idiot! No wonder so many of them get killed and they wonder why motorists don't respect them?

I turn the corner and in short order come out under the bridge. I'm startled to suddenly find a pedestrian in the middle of the road, hidden from view behind the bridge pillar. It seems he's ... directing traffic! Luckily he's not in danger of being hit, but I wonder how the drivers who are stopped feel about it??

Whoo! Walmart has come to us. Well, the Walmart-ians anyway. The sharp wind blows down the city street and she's standing at a bus stop. A solid girl, wearing a lightweight piece of black frippery cleverly disguised as a dress. Her skin has that golden orange tint and brings out the brassy tones of her bleached bed hair. Her trout pout is somewhat understated as the nude colour of her lippy blends in with the colour of her skin. Her breasts hang unfettered beneath the dress. I can tell cause it's either exceptionally low cut or slipped below her cleavage. Sometimes I wish I had that level of self confidence!

We're having a morning tea to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee this morning. It has been arranged for a while but just the other day they have decided to turn it into a fund raiser for an ex workmate. His little boy has been diagnosed on the Austism Spectrum and they are trying for an assistance dog. I'm off to the shuttle with one of the GTs. Well, I would be if he weren't running late. From the corner of my eye I see I've disturbed a butcher bird. I'm about to step off the curb and - oh wait no, maybe not yet. Regain my balance and look at the thing wriggling madly in the gutter. Ooooh. A legless lizard. I bend for a closer look and it flicks its tongue. WAIT! That's not a lizard! I was about to step over a small snake! I think discretion is in order and I wait for it to move before I step down and go for a photo.

I ask the shuttle driver to wait. He says he can, as long at it's only a couple of minutes. Sure enough, a couple of minutes later he closes the door and heads off. No GT. Ah well. I shall be going by myself. I glance to the right and see the GT running down the lane. Wait, I call. GT gets on and a couple of the other passengers cheer.

The morning tea goes well as it's good to catch up with people. And we get a visit from the Queen to boot.

The traffic home today is horrendous! I've left my usual time and it's like everyone else has as well. I want to turn left at the corner but I can't see what traffic is coming over the hill. Pedestrians block my view, milling all over the footpath. I nose out a bit further. Nope, still no good. By the time I have some view, the nose of the car is well out into the lane. Round the corner and I'm in the right lane. A bus is in the left blocking traffic that way. No one in my lane is moving and finally I see why. EVERYONE is wanting to turn right across oncoming traffic. That NEVER happens and I'm stuck. A postal van blocks the view behind me so I can't change lanes. A few cars get through and I've edged left. Now I can see, I'm beyond the end of the dotted lane markers but no one is letting me out. The nose of the car is poking way out but no one slows to let me out. I grit my teeth and take a chance. I can't move with the rest of the traffic if someone at the front finally makes it around the corner. Stupid inconsiderate people. There isn't even a bloody second lane there, technically speaking.

Same corner. Different day. Today I have time to notice that one of the pedestrians crossing in front of me has the most amazing shoes. Wingtip brogues with Doc Marten style chunky heels. Silver and metallic sapphire blue. Very distracting!

MOTH has told me of a woman who had approached the group while they were chatting around the table. She began to ask them about their religious beliefs. MOTH was debunking her 'Jesus loves you' spiel and laughing along with her. Today I have joined them and Wombat arrives later. One small reference to the woman from MOTH and Wombat is away ranting. "You shouldn't have done that." blah blah blah "If you're so STUPID to talk to them you deserve what you get." So nasty with his tone. What a pompous arse! I stood up and told MOTH I was going to the supermarket and stalked off. If I had stayed there any longer, Wombat may have been punched in the head. Luckily we need supplies for a bbq lunch on Monday.

It's raining this weekend. And cold. Sigh.

MOTH goes up to the shops without me. One of the daughters will be there but I send him with a message for her. I would love to come and chat with her but the siren call of warm flanny jammies calls louder. She laughs.

No comments: