Monday, June 18, 2012

Rain. The end.

Sometimes I think Blogger is getting weirder every time I look at it.

A very quiet week this week.

Queen's Birthday Weekend. The first of the year. We get two this year as they transition to October for next year. Why can't we transition every year? I, for one, could do with more Public Holidays each year. We are invited to a bbq. The invite came over Facebook. MOTH comes to me. Do you want to go to a bbq on Monday? It's at 11 o'clock. Well, I say, you can go. I'll be working. Ok, he says. I decline the invite telling the hostess I will be at work.

And then I look at the actual date. It's not till Queen's Birthday weekend, and not the coming Monday. Sheesh! *facepalm* Back to accept the invite. It's a BYO meat and drink affair, salads supplied. The hosts are neighbours from our previous residence; we usually only see them out at the shops. It's raining. Of course. The bbq is outdoors. The weather is abysmal. Rain. Wind. But hey, we're under a cover and snuggled up in our winter woollies. Nice and dry and comfy .... and will you look at that. The roof leaks...

It leaks on to the glass topped table in front of me. And splashes. I'm not moving though. Lunch is eventually served. The company is good, the food plentiful. Eventually someone puts a cup under the splash where we watch it slowly fill, one drop at a time.

Around mid afternoon the family with the tiny babe decides to go home. The hosts son and daughter in law leave not long after. It's funny but once one group leave it doesn't take long for others to follow. That left MOTH and I as the last remaining guests. As the hostess leaves to take the son and daughter in law home, she checks to see if we will still be there when she gets back. Sure, why not. And we are. Lunch started at 12noon, we left after dark around 5.30pm. A great afternoon. We should do it again. But when the sun is shining....

A day off sick this already very short week. Lack of sleep, headache, cramps, joint pain. I wonder if maybe there is a virus going round.

A lazy weekend planned. Well, actually I toy with the idea of vacuuming the floor. It's something that needs strong consideration before I go ahead with the task.

I decide to play WoW. I haven't devoted much time to it lately. Too much reading, facebooking, Diablo 3 going on instead. I'm getting into the quest and suddenly BOOM! No more game. It's thrown up and error and it's my fave toon! Now it won't let me back to this game. Looks like I have to submit a ticket. Hope it gets resolved soon!

It's dark and I'm thinking of prepping things before work tomorrow. I walk past the lounge and realise... it's the weekend gone and that vacuuming didn't get done after all.

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Bummer about the vacumming! I'm sure you will eventually get to it.
Raining here too... like totally pissing down. Ikkk...bloody cold too.

Colleen Barnett said...

I just realised that I didn't read this last blog. How naughty of me. So sorry! xxx