Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Sedimental water

That's water. With sediment. Which is what we get through our pipes at work. Not enough people on site anymore apparently to keep the water in the pipes flowing...

The last week was ... last week and kinda boring. Nothing happened. Really. I'm sure of it.

Admin2 is on leave so work has been busy, busy, busy trying to do my work and parts of her job. There is a lot of her work that I just don't do, but a lot of it this year is kinda crazy and I'm not sure what to do with some of it. Too long between drinks and I forget. Sometimes the procedure changes slightly and she tells me at the time, but chances are pretty good that was, like, six months ago.

MOTH has been spending time with the Babysitter's Club. They've been plotting among themselves about the bbq. Wombat and his wife can't come. Stan's daughter isn't coming now either. She's playing with the Black Dog and says she'll be bad company. We aren't able to persuade her otherwise.

MOTH goes out to get the food while I'm at work. I come home to find two large tubs of potato salad and one of coleslaw. Two. Large. Tubs. I ALWAYS make my own potato salad. Elder knows this too, but didn't think to question his decision. I shake my head. Well, he says, it was on the shopping list! Yeah, but, I was supposed to come with you. That was the menu and not an exact shopping list. Ah well. There will be plenty of that left over!

John and his daughter arrive a little early. I give her a hard time. She's arrived early to help me get things ready. Everything already is. I'm always up early so it's no bother to make the salad and the beans. By the time they arrive, the beans are cooking in the oven and all systems are go.

She cracks open a bottle of red. Sure, I'll have some too. Stan brings a lovely looking bottle of white, and I have a bottle of moscato in the fridge. He shares a glass of red with us.

MOTH heads out to the bbq to begin cooking. The rest of us stay inside and debate whether to eat in or out. The day is stinking hot. Suddenly, Elder comes indoors looking for something. Apparently, MOTH has run out of gas. He's sending Elder out to source some.

I told him to fart in a bottle. Cause I'm classy like that.

He laughs at me, apologises to the guests, and we wait for Elder's return.

Lunch was late but there was plenty of it. The company was great and we laughed, ate and talked for several hours before everyone left. Oddly enough, I have heaps and heaps of potato salad and coleslaw left over...

Add to that, a bottle of white wine and a bottle of moscato. Ah well. Something to look forward to. Especially at Christmas. If I can make it last that long...

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

hmm somehow I don't think you will make it to Christmas... or rather, that wine wont.

So, salads as sides for you then!

:-)

JoeinVegas said...

But when you do homemade potato salad it's all gone. Maybe you don't make enough.
Does 'playing with the Black Dog' mean something special? Why would that stop her coming?