Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Coffee machines and busy-ness

It seems that my last post may have given the impression I was singing a litany of wrongs. It was merely a comment on the fact that ALL of us forgot to do something. The same night. MOTH even walked right past the front door and never noticed it was still open. All of us. *shakes head* And that night, the cats behaved themselves and didn't even scatter the scraps. Proud of the ginger kitty I was.

This last week has been busy at work, tying up loose ends, getting stuff finished for End Of Year processing, trying to do two jobs. Admin2 always takes time in December for holidays and the membership mailing list always seems to get busy then. I don't know why. But this week I never felt rushed or swamped or that I was losing it. Perhaps it was the knowledge that I only had to endure 4 weeks of it instead of 5? And although there was some end of year prep thrown in that I don't usually get, I didn't have to worry about doing her invoicing for January, trying to do her work while mine picks up. It's a little quieter for me during December.

I think I've finally finished all my Christmas shopping! Whee! And wrapped them all! Yes!! Now I just have to get myself coordinated *or is that MOTH* to get them posted.

All posted away and I think I am finally ready. I've worked out what to have for Christmas lunch, just a couple more things to get and all the food is sorted too.

Nearly everything at work is done, along with finalising my Performance Review. Today is my last day at work and I'm ready for my break. I'm set for a cruisy day. I ask my supervisor about something and she mentions that today is a half day. What? There were rumours but no-one in management has actually come out and said. Not a word.

The General Manager comes around and presents everyone with a bottle of wine. I appreciate the gesture but it's easy to give someone a gift when it's left over from a conference a couple of years ago. Or maybe I'd appreciate it more if it is something that I might actually drink. Management here is big on wine. Big enough to make a bottle of wine *admittedly not the cheap stuff* speaker's gifts for the conference.

Twelve o'clock comes around. All my work is done and I've left a list of things that Admin2 needs to know on her return. I'm first out the door.

YAHOO! HOLIDAYS!!

Froggy's Christmas presents arrive in the mail. *for those who don't know, Froggy and i are siblings* and as I open the box, I find the present for MOTH and I. I know what it is because I've been told. MOTH had been talking of buying a coffee machine so Froggy and Moose have chipped in together and funded a voucher at Harvey Norman. I know that one of the machines is on special, Froggy knew this and the value of the voucher should cover it.

I grab MOTH and we head off for a look. Yes, I know it's early but I don't want to miss out on the special. I've already checked the website so I have an idea of what I'm looking for. And which one I would prefer but I can't afford that one. And it turns out that I really didn't have any idea what I was looking for. The image of the machine I had in my mind was totally different to the reality. The lass working the machine display gave us a sample. Not bad, not bad at all. We have one of the sales assistants check the price for us. Just in case. The store is busy and I don't want a surprise at the register. Yep, the price is correct. We grab some pods to go with it - the machine uses the coffee capsules - and we're out of pocket at the register by $2.50.

Nicely done, I say. One coffee machine and about 60 pods for $82.50. Yep, the machine was reduced from $129 to $49.

And it makes pretty good coffee too. Mmmmmm. Coffee......

4 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

What kind? We have Tassimo, but the KCup one is more popular here now - sold everywhere, including the hardware centers.
Merry Christmas!

Colleen Barnett said...

Glad you enjoyed your present, and it's one that should provide you with ongoing pleasure! I hope!

Wow, that's the first time you have publicly acknowledged our siblingship... I'm impressed! lol!

Enjoy the rest of your holidays, girl! xx

Chris H said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR CHICK, MAY 2013 BE AN AWESOME YEAR FOR YOU.

Unknown said...

Nice Information ! Thanks for sharing this type of information.
Coffee Machines