Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Summer = Ice Cream Sodas!

Alcoholic ones, preferably. Failing that, a good cold cider goes down well.

The chambord did go very nicely over vanilla icecream. I found that one on the chambord website among the recipes. It also goes quite nicely in the aforementioned soda. Lemonade, a dash of chambord and vanilla icecream... mmmmm!

Seems it's been a week or two since I last wrote. That's something I've noticed when I'm on holidays, I can't tell which day is which. And it seems I'm not the only one. Burrich has been eagerly awaiting my return to work. So he can tell which days are the weekend.

One of the games that arrived from Santa with the wii console is Just Dance 4. I looked at in the in shop and remarked I probably wouldn't use it. Elder smiled and kept browsing. And there it was. Oh dear, thought I. I'll never use that. Never.

Famous last words. Well, just briefly. I'd watched Teen and her friend give it a very enthusiastic go. Might as well try it. Whew. Three dances was my limit. I could have kept going I suppose but I was huffing a bit already. This looks like it might be a good way to get some exercise. *ooooh. naughty word. i should wash my mouth out with chocolate*

I just have to find a time when a) it's not so hot that I'll pass out and b) there's no one else around to watch Unco Queen at her best.

Burrich hands me a game for the XBox. You might like this, he says. Hmm. Fable II. I try it. Now I'm stuck here and I've only got a week left of my holidays and there's not enough time to finish it and oh my god leavemealoneandletmefiniiiiish...! Actually, I do finish it. And just before I do, he hands me the sequel. Just found this he says...

The Babysitter's Club has been making plans to have an outing during the week. Stan has heard of a nice place for fish and chips. It's a bit of a drive but that didn't deter them. The weather has been very hot and humid but this day is probably about a degree or two milder.

We headed out straight from their morning gathering. John and his daughter *let's call her special k* travelled with Stan and MOTH and I were by ourselves. Off we go, MOTH leading the way after taking his cue from Stan.

About an hour up the coast and we arrive at our destination. We weren't sure where Stan's eatery was located and pulled over to check. Nope, he drives right past. Fair enough, he knows where he's going so we follow.

Nope, he had no clue either. After some discussion we return to the esplanade where a fish and chip shop was located, across the road from the beach. Nice food but very expensive. The Club chose a place to sit, near the roadside without the shade. Very close to the amenities though! The day remained overcast and a brisk breeze blew. Heat? Humidity? What heat? What humidity?


It turns out that .... Stan's eatery was in a suburb some distance away that also began with the letter S. Oh dear! He insisted he knew this and had mentioned it several times during the week. MOTH insisted that he kept mentioning the suburb we were in.

This didn't detract from the day and we gave Stan plenty of stick about not being in the right place. While Stan was absent, Special K suggested the food was good but not worth the hour and a half drive. I mumbled that Fish on Flinders might have been though. She almost laughed till she cried and insisted we use that line to rib Stan when he returned. I ended up with a fit of the giggles and couldn't repeat it. My turn to cop the stick.

On the drive home, MOTH and I detoured until we found the place we were supposed to have been. And took a photo. For Stan. Just as well he has a sense of humour!

Shame I had to wait till my holidays were nearly over to go somewhere, but I really did enjoy myself.

Now, be quiet and let me finish this game ...

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

aaah old people adventures. always entertaining :-)

JoeinVegas said...

Get up and dance!