Friday, May 04, 2007

Wacky Wednesday. I missed Heroes!

Been a wearying week. So far, today being only Friday. But most of it happened from Wednesday on.

I may, or I may not, have mentioned that we have a wedding to attend on the weekend. I am looking forward to it. Not every day you get to dress up in costume for a wedding. Added bonus is seeing the whole GT doing the same. I do confess that instead of purchasing a costume, I decided to buy myself a dress for the occasion. I am, as you do at these occasions, hoping that no one else turns up in the same outfit. Ok, so it's not strictly medieval, but is close to. I am also hoping that I don't put on any extra weight - fully on the cards - cause, honey, this thing is tight! More my body shape though I be thinking.

But I digress. After the purchase of the obligatory card to attach to the present, I opened my mouth and volunteered to 'pretty up' the inside. Which was blank. S'ok, I had 2 days to do it. Not a problem.

The Elder is very unhappily unemployed. She decided to step up the job search this week. Ok, you can't really step down from doing nothing. So, although she doesn't seem to be unemployed for long periods, she doesn't have an awful lot of experience with cover letters and selection criteria. This week we are supposed to sit down and go through them. Monday, nope, didn't happen. Tuesday she went home before I got home. So, halfway through the week, still not done.

Wednesday night comes along. I aim to start going through things with her, then clear the desk and start looking at the illumination project. Not a worry. After dinner, we start the letter.

I take a break and head for the kitchen to raid the cupboard. Did I mention that MOTH has been unwell? The coughing continues. And I'm head down in the pantry moaning over the Teen's shoulder about it. I walk around the corner, into ........ what?

The Elder is holding MOTH's hand, tugging. Trying to get him sat up. He is red in the face and doesn't appear to be able to catch his breath. She's shocked and almost crying. What the heck happened? The upshot is, we decide to call the ambulance and get him off to the hospital.

The ambos arrive. Wonderful people. Calm, unflappable. By this time, MOTH has regained some form of normalcy. But he's almost convinced himself that he's not sick. And while watching all they are doing, I notice that Heroes has started. Typical. My only spot of telly, and I'm going to miss it. It's now about 20:37. And we follow the ambulance to the hospital.

Hospitals are such boring, boring places. And full of sick people. This one was quite upmarket - it had 1 telly, and a coffee vending machine. But they are still boring. And they aren't named a 'waiting area' for nothing.

Finally, at 02:15 or so, he is finally discharged from outpatients. I am sooo happy to be going home.

I did miss most of Heroes though, didn't get to finish the letter, and not even a start on the illumination project. I do manage, though, to give MOTH a bit of a ribbing that last time I had a big project, he pulled a trip to the hospital stunt. He grins. And tells me he's sorry, but I don't believe him. I give him a kiss and tuck him up in bed, it's 02:45 and I hope he's ok.

Thursday rolls around way too soon, and I'm up again at 06:21. I decide to go to work late, and work a little on the illumination project. Off to work and I'll have to finish the card tonight. And so I did. Finish the card. At 23:30.

Sigh, it's been a wearying week.

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Men, just can't trust them to remain well through the good tv shows, can you? I do hope he has sufficiently recovered to keep bothering you. Give him a poke in the ribs for me! xx