Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Silence is golden the saying goes

And there is altogether way too much of it around here.

What a week. I mentioned last post *listens to dogs howl* that I had that cough. I went to work on the Wednesday, but couldn't repeat the performance on Thursday. Or Friday for that matter. So last week, I managed one day of work.

MOTH is still coughing from his, although nowhere near as badly. He happily informed me that I have about another three weeks at least of coughing to look forward to. *sarcastic voice* Excellent. Although mine has nearly gone. *touches wood, cause you know i've just jinxed myself*

The Teen started her cough somewhere around mid week. So did Jawsome. *punches fist you know i'm so awesome to be gifting this about*

Around Friday, the Teen started complaining of muscle soreness, chest pain, wheezing, aches, headaches, fever....... I phoned the doc on Saturday and made an appointment for Monday. They don't work on Sunday and charge like a bull for work on Saturdays. So she had to wait. I don't think she was very happy at all. After the doc consultation, taking the medication means that we have to reschedule the Holter test that she has to have. Did I mention that before? The Teen seems to have tachycardia - fast heart rate - and was supposed to have a 24hour Holter test. That means she gets a monitor the size of a messenger bag attached to her for 24 hours. That would most likely put a cramp in her style! She also has to keep a diary of her activities while she is wearing it. And EVERYTHING has to be put in there. Even when she goes to the loo. *heh heh heh* But since the ventolin increases heart rate anyway, that has to be postponed for a couple of weeks. Hopefully she's mended by then.

Saturday, the Elder surprised the heck outta me by asking if I would go with her for a walk. To Maccas, of course. You can't do that exercise stuff without a goal at the end. On our way, I had a text from Sunny. Since he had been touring the markets and become bored, he joined us for a snack. Afterward, he invited us to the unit. It's the first time I've seen it since they moved. I like it. It's snug and cozy and just right for them. Sunny is very happy with it.

Sunday was the day though. Jawsome had mentioned he would probably leave around 06:00. It seems he didn't sleep too well, and by the time he had packed what he could in the car, he left before sunup. Mind, that's like around 05:45. Most of his belongings are still here, waiting for his return with a truck. He couldn't fit much beyond a couple of suitcases and some other random stuff in the supra. There is no boot...

The Elder is doing much better than I thought. There doesn't appear to be the anger and bad vibes there were with the last one. I'm hoping that this will continue. The last breakup she seemed to be handling it well, until a week or two later and she fell in a screaming heap. I'm hoping that experience will help her be calmer and stronger for this one.

And for something to keep her occupied, I've sent her up the coast to her old stomping ground for a couple of days. Just a short break. She travelled with MOTH. I'm hoping she can spend a little time with her best friend.

So at the moment, there is only the Teen and I in the house. She's in her room. And apart from the occasional cough, it's bloody quiet in this house.......

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

oh the joys of sharing an illness. touch wood (frantically slapping the desk) Sam is the only one who gets sick in our house.

good luck! xxx

*caphs*... is that a clayton's cough? the cough you have when you're not having a cough? :-)