Monday, July 27, 2009

Strange weather we've been having here. The mornings are freezing - I can see my breath when I haul arse to the bus stop. If I choose to look on the bright side, it's good to have that affirmation that I'm actually alive early in the mornings.

But I'd much rather be in bed.

The days turn out balmy, then the afternoons cool again. Until, by the time I'm ready to leave the office, it's cold again when I'm off to the bus stop.

I'm rather reptilian in my weather habits *quiet you!* I love the sun. But only if it's not too hot. I hate the cold. My blood freezes and I can't get warm. Often, during winter, you'll find me standing in a patch of sun in front of the window. As the ice in my veins thaws a little. Summer time, I'd rather stand in cold water; even wallowing in the mud sounds preferable to putting up with the heat...

*ouch! swallowed too much of the soup i'm lunching on*

So how to cover what, all in all, has been a quiet week?

Now that all have vacated, I offered the Teen the chance to swap bedrooms. Only if she wanted to. And she didn't think she would. MOTH had been doing some patchwork on the walls. When Sunny and Judah moved on, they took their artwork with them. Along with some of the paint. Stupid double sided tape.

So he'd been patching. It wasn't quite finished, but Teen decided good enough! She shifted all her furniture. I shrugged. Fair enough. MOTH shook his head. And I moved all the ironing stuff clogging up the small room that is supposed to be a study into the vacated bedroom. Now all I have to do is remember that I no longer have to walk the length of the house with the laundry basket. Nearly done it a couple of times too!

I had mentioned that when it was clear, I would transform the study into a study. That left MOTH free to move things. *he loves doing that* When I returned from work on Friday, it was all done. The desk had migrated with, he informed me, Judah's help. Judah has been borrowing the phone to try get an internet connection for them sorted. I discovered that the only place to put the desk was back to the door. Uh oh. No where else without losing precious space that is! But I did a wee bit of research, and apparently it's not so bad if you aren't directly in line with the door. Luckily for me, the door is not in the middle of the wall so I moved the desk. Sweet. And then I have to fill it with things I love. So, I have a white bookcase *not loved* with some books *loved* some junky bits that my travellers bring back from overseas *loved* some old toys *loved* a single couch from the suite *not loved* with a sheet and an old red cushion *not loved!* And now my study is complete. I like being in there, and I guess that's the whole purpose, right?

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

it's nice to have your own space. it's funny though how now you have your own space you don't really need it. there is as many at your place as mine! only yours do the vanishing act now and then and leave you alone.

no such luck yet for me...

*unsests*.... not even gonna try come up with something for that!

Butterfly Kissez said...

I *used* to have my own room set up especially for my craft...mind you it was shared with the laundry but because the laundry is huge I had a whole work bench and shelves etc made up for my craft gear as well as a small table for my sewing machine...was excellent! But somewhere along the line it has become a dumping ground for all kinds of odds and ends including hubby's tools and son's gym equipment! So not only do I not have any room to scrapbook or sew but the ironing has to get done OUTSIDE the room coz there's no room...grrrrr! Men!

*sperses* I wish sometimes the men in my houses would *sperses* lol