Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Takin it slowwwwly

What a week. *shakes head* At least, I think it was.... *wanders around trying to stimulate remembery*

MOTH hasn't been well over the last week. He's had a wheezy asthma-like cough that started as a tickle in his throat. And when he coughs, boy, he coughs. Like, 110%. His face goes red. His eyes bulge. And if he does it properly, he passes out and has something that looks like a small seizure.

I had a day off to stay with him on the worst day. Just in case.

The Teen has been, thankfully mostly in her room, playing Michael Jackson songs non stop. Even a headcold hasn't stopped her.

*runs screaming from room*

Alright, I shall come out here in public and admit that I like his music. It was big when I was growing up. How could I not like it? But I find I can only listen for a while before it becomes necessary to put the songs away and take a break. That might just be coming a bit sooner than usual. Hopefully she takes a break soon!

Around mid week the tickle started in my throat. Uh oh. That doesn't bode well. And it gradually got worse. Till I started my own asthma like wheezy cough. My coughs though are rather pale in comparison to his. And sometimes, I can even get a grip on mine to calm them down.

Didn't take long though to figure out what he meant when he told me that it drains you! I've had two days off work and really was ready for another today. Last Monday, I woke after 9.00am, went to lay down at around 1.30pm, woke up at 4.30pm and still went to bed at my normal time of 10.30pm after Good News Week. *whew*

So MOTH is slowly on the mend. He still coughs but not as much or as hard. He aches all over from the strain. Even his little belly button hernia hurts. Poor doll. *gets as close to sympathetic as she can*

It's been a tough weekend for the Elder. She and Jawsome are going their separate ways and Jawsome will be returning to his former place of residence. I'm led to believe the actual leaving of the house will be this weekend coming.

I shall be sad. I liked this one. MUCH better than the last one.

Thank you Jawsome, you've been a very important part of her healing process. Now I'm hoping that she can continue the journey to its completion.....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

man, still seeing green and black lines! *must remember to wear glasses when reading blog...*

Hopefully Elder is better equipped to deal with this one. Stronger person and all... hopefully.

And tell Moth that if he lost about 30kg his eyes won't pop out so far when he coughs... :-) (aah, the imagery...) srlsy though he does have my sympathy. nothing worse than coughing and not being able to catch the breath.

maybe whooping cough?

*sugge*... sounds like half a word...