Wednesday, July 01, 2009

It's good news week!

*is amazed! jez found the missing original post!*

Monday. And it's a cack.

Heck of a lot of Michael Jackson specials on telly. And the Teen has decided she would like to play all his old songs that she liked. All the time. And loudly....

So this week has been the crackling excitement of the interior of buses, as I consider the last time I had a holiday and wonder if I'm entitled to another. And when I check, yes, I have enough days owing. But my last holiday was ... Easter. Not that long ago really. So tell me, do I deserve another week off?

The Teen's report card turned up in the mail today. *sighs* I'm not sure what I expected. She's had a lot of time off due to illness. And never bothered to catch up. What I don't really appreciate is the Teacher requests for a parent/teacher interview. I hate those things. Why do I have to go along so they can tell me that she's not doing as well as they think she could. I mean, she's 17 for heavens sake. Take it up with her and leave me out of it. I think that she is more than old enough to understand the consquences of not putting in the work.

You know, on my trips to work, I haven't even seen anything that struck me as memorable. No toilets on the side of the road, no strange outfits. No strange behaviour on the bus. Not even by me.

It's quiet on campus. Mid semester break. And the students are away. And the main refectory is closed. And likely the old Red Room. Which now has a different name. When the Elder worked on campus, we used to go there all the time. To the point where the chef behind the counter knew who we were and told us to come straight to the head of the line. Yay for being regulars!

Last Wednesday, I decided on the spur of the moment to catch my other bus choice. This one goes through some back roads and some traffic. It takes about an hour. My other service is a fair bit faster. So, I'm on the slow bus. And it catches up to my fast bus.

I found out that the FIRST stop of the fast bus run is about a 15 minute walk up the road. So I tried doing that a couple of mornings.

And when I got off the bus at terminus, I found a friend whom I haven't seen for some time. It was only a brief chat, but it was really really good to catch up.

And since nothing really exciting happened during the week, I've decided to post the Teen's video. Complete with dodgy production values.

Of course, if I'm not actually allowed to post this, you'll hear about it from there....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

still no vid though...

just go along to the parent teacher meetings, and tell them all the same thing. take it up with the kid. dish out whatever puhishment you like, just deal with it yourself!

and Teen, those weren't sick days, they were stress days! lol. Poor Jr Her doesn't get sick days. She isn't allowed to be sick cause I don't have someone to look after her! haha. *bad mother!*

**ingen** I thought we weren't allowed to say that anymore! I was usually a cowboy anyway...