Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday

But hey, any Friday is good for me. Especially around 4pm.

*whoa. seems i need my glasses after all. this is MUCH better - i can actually see!*

Sunny came over last night. We decided that since it was Easter this weekend, we'd have our movie night early. Bring on the popcorn! He gave us our Easter gifts - a Lindt *yes, it DOES deserve a capital!* bunny for me and a pack of cream biscuits for MOTH. We had dinner and settled in to watch a movie. Hadn't picked which one yet, that takes time. We watched a bit of telly while he played with his DS then we chose.... The Mummy.

I love this movie. A rollicking good tale that requires suspension of disbelief and a willingness to just enjoy the tale.

Judah joined us part way through after he finished work. He gave MOTH and I our Easter gifts - a Lindt bunny for me *do my boys know me or what??* and a 2L bottle of coke for MOTH. He joined us for the rest of the movie. I remarked that segments of the movie reminded me of creeping through the corridors and passageways of AvP. Judah commented that it reminded him of a scene from a movie he watched which involved a big snake and treasure. He couldn't remember what it was and confessed that it would now bother him for some time, till he could remember. Sunny passed the odd comment during the movie and didn't even seem to notice that I was doing my usual thing and commenting *pointing out flaws* during the movie too!

Being Judah, as soon as the movie finished, he hopped online and began researching. By the time he gave up a couple of hours later, we decided it must have been one of the Anaconda movies. Still not certain though. He began researching possible holiday destinations for this weekend and Sunny fell asleep on my lap.

After they left I staggered off to bed. I think it was around half 1am. And the people across the road were beginning to get noisy. We ended up closing the bathroom window and door. There, that will learn 'em!

Today I was up again at 6am. The telly went on and I settled to watch some mind numbing viewing. MOTH wandered out to say good morning and wandered away again. I remember seeing the end of Zorro at around 7.30 and when I looked again, it was 9.15. Whoops, I must have dozed off.

I wandered off to our room and made the bed. And lay down. *couldn't help it, looked too inviting* and woke up again at lunch time. Hmmmm. Still in my jammies.

Made lunch. Watched some telly. Played on Facebook. Around 2pm, MOTH decided he wanted to work in the garden. Heck, I'm still in my jammies! I changed and went to help. We cleared some space and found a spot of garden we didn't know existed. It was hidden under the dropped palm fronds, wild ferns and monsterio plant.

Eventually the palm will be trimmed, the ferns will grow back and the monsterio will be removed completely.

After washing away the sweat and dirt, we decided to go for a drive. Just for something to do. Ipswich, here we come. Just for something to do. I've never been that way before.

Home again, and now I've prepped for dinner. Nothing exciting, just fried rice. When the time is right, I'll start cooking. I'm intending to catch the next instalment of Whitechapel on ABC tonight. And then, who knows. I might even go to bed early.....

2 comments:

Chris H said...

lol what a life! Enjoy all the lounging around in ya jammies!

Colleen Barnett said...

lucky you, still in your jammies. Half the club were still in their jammies late morning. they seem to enjoy turning up to morning tea at ten still in their jammies - those who are out of bed at that time anyway!

*ablerio* nope, too slow today I think.