Monday, May 09, 2011

Stars in my eyes. Well, one anyway.

Australia's version of Dancing with the Stars started last night. I usually avoid that kind of show like the plague. But this year, Manu Feildel is one of the celebrities. I'm watching, watching, watching! He is amazing - French, funny, cooks and can dance. What more can a girl ask for??

It's been a hectic week and this one shows the promise of being much more so. Things are ramping up for the conference; only two weeks to go now. Of course I'm still expected to do that 'new' task I was assigned, the one I took under duress. And the conference preparation as well. They heap me with praise for the new task, but I'm not sure if it might mean more if I had volunteered for the job.

A return visit to the doctor this week revealed that the B12 has levelled out and is fine. The iron on the other hand, has not. Increased, but not to the levels the doctor would like. Another round of injections for me.

A visit to the conference venue loomed on Friday morning. I had to catch the bus as Zman couldn't guarantee that I would be on campus in time. As it turns out, C was late anyway. Silence in the car for a little while then we started chatting. Away down the coast and we debated which exit we needed. C knew the name of the road, I thought it was exit 71. I saw exit 66 and then ... I don't know what happened. Next thing I notice it's exit 75. Whoops!

We exited but weren't sure where we were. Thank heavens for iPhones. C has one and asked me to find out where we were. Uh oh. Every little bump meant that I missed the key I was aiming for on the keyboard. And it's so tiny!

We did get there, met up with the others and were ribbed mercilessly by the blokes. Would we have expected anything else?

Saturday I was going to go out with the Elder, but I bugged out. I was tired, Zman pulled out. She was out with her faves and was late home. She went anyway. And the next morning she was adamant that I had missed a good time.

I did not much of anything on Sunday. Mother's Day. The Elder presented me with my gift; a gift from both the Teen and the Elder. A lovely necklace of a heart, 3 pieces joined in a couple of places. Mum is in the middle, Big Sis on one side, Lil Sis the other. You break it into 3 necklaces. A very pretty little thing. MOTH insisted I do nothing for the day; I almost succeeded. Someone had to change the cat litter. Dinner was chicken kiev and Elder did the dishes.

A great week all round I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, we gotta get hold of some of Manu's DNA and clone him so we can all have one - just to have him for cooking and looking that is! RAT

Colleen Barnett said...

Lucky you. Sounds like the perfect Mother's Day. Why no pics of the necklace, slack tart??

Butterfly Kissez said...

I hate DWTS BUT have had to watch for Manu...mama mia! And yummy too :)