Sunday, May 01, 2011

Bruno Mars rocks!

I love the new song from Bruno Mars. The Lazy Song. *sings* Today I don't wanna do anything... Pretty much sums up my week. I'm still on holidays. Although MOTH has very generously allowed me to do the washing today. We'll see how that pans out...

So I've spent the week doing not much of anything. Wednesday was a little more productive. I spent some time cleaning the ensuite basin and surrounding tiles, washed a bedroom wall, and some kitchen cupboard and pantry doors. All I have to do now is convince the Elder that she really wants to do the kickboards.

Oh, and answered some work email. The iPad makes that soooo easy and I need to be careful that it doesn't become a habit.

Thursday The Elder decided to go out and pay some bills. I was forced to go along at gunpoint and while out we inflicted ourselves on Judah. We hadn't seen him for a while and haunted his workplace until he could join us for lunch.

Friday an invitation to visit Sunny on Saturday arrived but we declined as The Elder had a birthday party to attend.

Saturday afternoon The Elder began to stress as she didn't know anyone except the hostess. She wasn't keen for the idea of travelling on her own in the city after reading of a vicious rape that occurred a week or so ago. She decided to go and visit Sunny instead. We went after dinner. It turned out to be the same group who had been together Easter Saturday.

We arrived home around 1.30am.

I awoke at 6.15 am.

Nothing on the plate today. Subway for lunch courtesy of The Elder and a nanna nap beckons if Princess Mononoke doesn't keep me awake. Sleep tight...

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

aaaah, my kind of weekend. You do have a good life, don't you? :-)

Butterfly Kissez said...

I like slow weeks...mine has been a non-event really :)

*undings* I really love happy undings...don't you?

Gastronomy Gal said...

Ahh- I hate that song!! I think he was soo lazy in writing it- But i o like the sentiment - I guess that's the whole point. doing nothing sounds like a nice weekend.