Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Dunno what I did there...

... but it closed Chrome completely. Nice one SOL!

The week seems to have flown by. I mention to MOTH that the kids have been with us for a week. What? Really? Yep, last Saturday. My lord, says he, that's gone fast. Yup.

Kitties are still working out their boundaries. *sigh* This night they got into it. I was up and down most of the night breaking up the bickering and chasing Sheldon out of my room. That's Jerome's space buddy! This time. You can't have it all like you did last time!

Things are looking up this morning. Not. At the traffic lights and I stall the car. How the heck to you stall an automatic?? Dunno, but I manage. Whoops.

Same morning and I'm driving down the tree lined boulevard. Suddenly KLONK! What was that! Something hit the car. I peek in the mirror and as far as I can see, some stupid bird was so wrapped in giving another a hard time, they've flown straight into my car. Doesn't seem to have done them damage though. Thank goodness for that - I've hit a bird before and it was most distressing.

Been suffering with mild vertigo for two days this week. Still at work, but holding my head still and trying desperately not to look up, down or sideways. And propping myself against the wall if I'm standing. *that must look odd...*

Going out tonight. Started the meds so hopefully the spins will keep their head down while I'm out. Bestie has invited MOTH and I to Riverfire, a feature of the yearly Festival. Fireworks and laser light show, viewed from the balcony of her work place. Catered too. Yay!

Bestie suggests we travel to hers first and then from there. If we leave early enough we may be able to snag a park in her building. We get there a little early but there is still a line up for parking! Elder and Burrich have travelled with us, but leave us to make their own way once we reach street level.

The catering was good - butter chicken with rice, spag bol, sausage on bread, mini dagwood dogs. Cake for dessert, fairy floss and popcorn too! Entertainment was provided for the kids - a juggler of sorts, balloon animals and face painting. Since the light show is 'choreographed' to a local radio station, a DJ was provided for the festivities as well. We were close to the DJ but it wasn't a problem till someone angled the speaker our direction. It made talking a little difficult which seemed to upset the others, but it meant I could sit quietly without have to talk much. I recorded a part of Patrick Hernendez Born To Be Alive and sent it to Teen. Just so she could feel included. But mostly because she hates the song. Heh. It was followed by Reel 2 Real "I Like To Move It" *one of her faves when she was small* and Dave Dobbins "Slice of Heaven" *one of her current classic faves*. Didn't record those!

Bestie and I can't find the face painting. Ah, there they are. Her kids line up for theirs. Bestie and I think about it, but the line has grown a fair bit and we decide nah, not this time. The juggler is keeping the kids in the line entertained and Bestie's boy makes his presence known by entertaining the Entertainer. *read asking questions about the tricks, his props, 'helping' and other things curious boys can do*

The new hornets fly over and drop the flares. Pretty spectacular but no more F111s with the 'dump and burn' anymore. We can't see what's happening on the river, but there seem to be some helicopters hovering about *they've already flown over* dancing over the river. Eventually the fireworks start. The action happens from rooftops and barges on the river. We don't see the river as apartments block that view.

The night is fun and when it ends, it seems much later than it really is.

Today is for recovery. I'm still not well and I sleep away most of it.

And not only do I manage that, I go to bed at 9.00pm as well. Told you those tablets make me sleepy! G'night!

3 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

Lasers and fireworks and facepainting and planes and food, sounds like an entertaining evening.

Chris H said...

Sounds like lots of fun was had by all... and bugger out not feeling well. I hope you are feeling better soon. Is it an inner ear infection?

Colleen Barnett said...

I always wanted to go see one of those showings. Good of Bestie to drag you along to her work one. Couldn't think of anything nicer - fireworks and a feed!

xx