Monday, January 21, 2008

Strangeness abounds....

Been a rather strange weekend, really.

... The Teen came home Friday. Hadn't been behaving. She managed to wrangle herself a severe tongue lashing. She's grounded. Until she's 18. Well, who knows. Priveleges back when she earns my trust again.

... Saturday we went out and purchased a couple of dresses for her to wear to school. With no uniforms, she needs something to wear. We also had to organise new ear jewelry. Something suitable for school. And a replacement, preferably a retainer, for her lip stud. We found a stretcher for her ear - slightly larger than what she currently wears, but the right size is scarce. Apparently! Retainers for lip piercings are as well. We ended up with a tiny plain black stud. I'm hoping they will find that passable.

... Saturday evening Teen and I were watching tele. Prince of Egypt. So, it's an old bible story, but heck, I love the animation. She was wriggling and I was beginning to find how just how bony her knees and shins are. After asking her to stop several times, I pinched the back of her leg. She reacted and kicked me in the nose. I know, it's a bit hard to miss. *Quiet, peanut gallery!*

Hurt like the blue blazes. And my eyes are streaming and my nose started to run. I asked for a tissue and she wouldn't get one. Nor, when she did, would she pass it over. She is busy chanting Your nose is bleeding while she dangled the box in front of me. I'm ashamed to say it, but I got angry and frustrated. I really showed her. Yep. I burst into tears. That's right. Ha. That'll learn her! It did give her a nasty shock though. She gave me the tissues. And she got an even bigger shock when she realised that my nose really was bleeding!

No black eye though.

... Sunday morning, bright and early, Chef left the building. We stayed at the airport long enough to make sure that we saw him cross the tarmac, and they pulled away the stairs. Then we left. His departure cost me a fortune, but I think MOTH thought it money well spent.

We got to the airport and at check in, they told him he had excess baggage, and would have to pay. Guess what. 6 kilos over, and a cost of $28. WHAT?!! Bloody airlines! Pay it or unpack 6 kg worth of stuff. And where, I wonder, was I supposed to put anything he unpacked? So, I had no choice. I had also brought my other wallet with me, and luckily had put my atm card in it. Just in case. Lucky.

And then they charged $11 for parking.

Glad I'm made of money...

... Got home. House is silent. Wandered back to bed for a bit of a quick nap - we were up at 0330. When I woke up, the lounge carpet is vacuumed, the lounge pushed back to where it should be. Wow. There is that much space in here?

... A message on Sunday afternoon. Sunny. He has been 'house sitting' with a friend. Close by. But the house has been full of transient friends. And he needed some quiet. We gave him coffee. We gave him a place to nap. We gave him food. And we sent him back.

But the quiet. And I can get changed into my jammies when I have a shower. Oo, look at me. Wandering the house in my jammies.....

Daring.

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

yep, you sure showed Teen! A few tears from a parent often makes them take notice. Trust me!

See, I would have smacked mine, bad mother that I am...

What are you going to do with all that space? New furniture? Hey, how come he didn't pay his own excess baggage????

SOL's view said...

He had no money. I still had a little bit in the bank I had put toward a large bill. Actually, lucky. I had swapped my wallet, so I only had the keycard for that one account and my license.