Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008 Whatever next?

Well, it's been a mad rush. At least, it certainly seems like it. Then again, my life seems to be flying by like a hamsters treadmill. On speed. That is when it's not a mad, mad whirl like the fabled Eleanor Rigby's.

Christmas has been and gone. I eventually relented and let them put up the tree about a week before the main event. Did I mention that in a previous post? I think I did. Sunny was over at the time. The girls got into it, Chef stated unequivocally that he hated Christmas. It was a sentiment echoed by Sunny. I rolled my eyes and said nothing. But guess which one of them asked if they could join in the decorating?

The main event arrived. Along with some really great gifts. I felt on edge from the moment I woke up. Maybe I was expecting trouble. And it arrived. Chef started in on the 'hate Christmas' angle, complete with expletives. Untill I growled his name from the kitchen. He went quiet. He did cook us breakfast though; french toast and bacon. I almost forgave him. Almost. The gifts were doled out and lo; Chef had one. He told me later it was his first ever Christmas gift.

I finally managed to gather the courage in both hands, and gave Chef a 'move out' date. Australia Day weekend. That was tough. The Elder thinks we should be careful. She's of the opinion that some of our stuff could move out with him. How the heck did she get so cynical and bitchy? It's not like she has ever 'lived' enough to develop that. Her cynicism does indeed exceed my own. And I've worked at Centrelink.

New Year also came and went. Now how did that happen? But this year, I managed to stay up and see the year in. Do I amaze you? MOTH tells me it was about 0230 when I dragged myself off to bed. Mind, I was awake again just after 0500. I moved out of the room though after listening to enough musical breathing to drive myself crazy.

And didn't get to sleep again until about 2330 last night. Haven't had late nights like that for many years now. Phone me around 1500 today to wake me up, will you?

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Well, things are certainly moving in your house. How did Chef take the move out date? Hope he will be okay. And defs supervise that move. Be there when he goes.

How DID Elder get cynical? Not like it runs in the family...:-)