Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Wild animal rescue....

It never rains but it pours at my house.

Night before last it was an owl they rescued. Last night it was a kitten. I'm inclined to believe it was feral. Or at least headed that way.

They heard it crying in the back yard. I was in the bedroom and got up to investigate. MOTH continued on watching the tv. Totally oblivious. But then, he is that a lot these days.

So, I looked to see what the noise was. And next thing, the Elder creeps around the side of the house. The first thing I noticed was that she was wearing my expensive thongs. Oi!

I went out a little later. After I noticed both Elder and the Teen creeping about the back yard and through the gardens, armed with a towel. They almost had it captured at that point. But I was very sharply admonished not to come any closer. Then directed toward the bushes at a particular spot. I wasn't happy with the catching of the thing. The RSPCA wouldn't have any interest in it. And frankly, neither did I.

Teen nearly had it. Then it had her. She had scratches and a bite to boot. Elder managed to get it wrapped in the blanket. But I deliberately made a none too subtle move and it wriggled out of her hands. Back into the bush she just pulled it from. Then it dived across the yard and tried to jump the fence. It succeeded the second time, when I made a move toward it. Up and over the fence and gone. I heaved a sigh of relief.

I always knew being big and scarey would come in handy some day.

Wonder what's going to show up next?

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

yes, wicked witch that you are :-)

Anonymous said...

awww didnt you want a cute little kitty????