Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Going nowhere ... fast

I decided to vote myself a day off. And I told my boss that too. I told him I was going to take Monday off. If the travel I was working on was finished. Guess what. It wasn't. Still isn't. How difficult can it be to get a hotel in Canada booked? Pretty difficult apparently. And they need it by Friday. Wish me luck e'body!

Needless to say, I didn't get to have Monday off. Though for all the progress I made, I may as well have. I thought I might take this Friday off. So I can have a long weekend like. No dice. The other office girl has that day off. Hmmm. Maybe I can have the following Monday off. Although my stress levels will have dropped by then. But hey! My calendar tells me that there is a report due that day. Will I ever get this day off?

Next week is going to be a quiet one. Sunny is off this weekend to go visit Judah. He leaves Sunday and is gone for the week. It's going to be so quiet. And I will desperately miss the dvd nights. Sunny and I were talking about why we like that time so much. It's the recharge. We sit in the dark, don't talk to each other, stare dumbly at the screen. Although he plays on the hiptop until he falls asleep. And the noise level is down and it's a brilliant way to destress. I get a bit narky when someone else is in the area because they are usually on the computer. And the screen generates light, and the keyboard clicks. And I get stroppy because of the distraction. But then, I'm a stroppy old bag really.

Judah. What can I say about Judah. He comes from a country church background. A couple of years older than Sunny. He's pleasant, thoughtful, fun. He's capable of giggling and squealing like a school girl. When he's tickled! I really like him. I like him a lot. He's my favourite of all the friends Sunny has introduced me to. And he seems to like me too. Which is a bonus! He makes Sunny deliriously happy. And that counts for a lot in my book. I hope he's around for a long, long time.

Jawsome. This is the Elder's new beau. *sings* You must walk feminine, talk feminine, smile and beguile, feminine ... that's what every girl should know, if she wants to catch a beau. It's a song from Disney or something.

But I digress. Jawsome. It's hard to describe someone you haven't met. We have chatted on msn and facebook. He's a bit of a ratbag. With a wicked sense of humour. Like most young blokes he's been known to do stupid things. Like injuring himself jumping off a couch while playing guitar hero. I've seen him sitting in front of the webcam while wearing a promo cardboard headband for the movie Kung Fu Panda. As an aside, I really want to see that movie. Yes. Yes I do. Sunny is fully expecting to be greeted by a 4 foot midget with a monobrow when he arrives. He is popping up to meet the Elder in person for the first time. He arrives a couple days before Sunny returns. He's staying for a week. So it's going to feel a little crowded for a while.

But we should be used to that by now. And speaking of which, I have another in the house for about three nights.....

Ah me...

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Yes, want to see Kung Fu Panda myself...should be a real hoot!