Saturday, June 07, 2008

I lurve long weekends

This week has been a write off. Things have been off kilter since the conference. I think I need a holiday to recover!

Sunny has had a friend stay over. Originally it was to be Wednesday night. Until we realised that Sunny needed to work a late shift that day and start an early shift the next morning. Thursday sounded a better proposition. So, Thursday was go!

Thursday came. And some time after dark, Sunny brought him home. He was tall! Taller than Sunny. And he's from up north. I had never heard the name of the place before. But I know the general area.

So, it's Saturday and he's still here. How did that happen? I've watched them interact, and Sunny seems quite smitten. In fact, it's downright sickening. PDAs! Get a room ferfksake! Gah! I've never even seen the Elder or the Teen snuggle as much with their partners. *grins and shudders at the same time* Actually, now I think about it, they couldn't get a room. At least, not here. There isn't one...

But I hope he's going home soon. I want the house back. And there is another one apparently wants to stay next weekend as well. MOTH doesn't mind, so I guess it's ok.

Oh, and Teen has a new piercing. MOTH is SERIOUSLY less than pleased. I confess that although I expressed disapproval, I didn't specifically say NO so she went ahead and did it anyway. Now MOTH flat refuses to acknowledge her. Those two are so alike it's not funny.

So, on the whole, I'm really glad that I'm not at work for a few days. It's Queen's birthday long weekend. Being an Aussie, I'd be terribly upset if becoming a republic meant we lost a public holiday! We don't get enough of them as it is.

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Wouldn't worry too much about losing the holiday - they would simply call it president's day or something. Aussies love public holidays!

Housefull again. Some people will never learn. Hopefully Sunny and the tall bloke will take it slow and not rush into things. What does Elder think of this one? Are she and Sunny speaking again? Stupid hormones...Gah! At least with one she can only fight with us. At which time we just tune out...

Colleen Barnett said...

by the way, what was your username on that website? I had a look for your artwork but didn't know how to look through the thousands of pieces to find yours...