Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm a travelling (wo)man

These days, most of my day at work seems to be organising travel to places I'll never go. This last nightmare involved Europe, Canada and the USA. Lately, they seem to be a little better organised, but this trip ran true to form.

I seem to have spent the last week almost constantly working on getting this trip booked and paid for. The flight itinerary had been organised but not ticketed. Qantas usually hold the itinerary for a couple of days before they cancel the booking. This time they didn't. When I was finally allowed to go ahead, the booking was still there. Sometimes something has to work!

Accommodation on the other hand... None of the places I wanted to book were available on the dates I needed. And the agent couldn't get them booked through their wholesaler. I had to book through an online service, or direct with the hotel. This usually works because I now have access to a corporate credit card. It was truly a horrific experience before then! But I had 4 hotels to find and book. I managed to get 2 of them before the card maxed out. That's right, the card maxed out. The credit limit is pretty generous. And it doesn't 'refresh' again until early next month. I had to get someone else to book one of the hotels. I have 3 of them booked but no way to pay for the 4th! I still don't know how I'm going to do it. They are due to arrive at wherever I have booked for them on 21 June. And they depart Australia tomorrow.

I hate organising travel. Especially last minute multistop jaunts.

___________

In my last post (the dogs have stopped howling now) I mentioned a friend of Sunny's. He shall be called Judah. No, he hasn't sold anyone out for thirty pieces of silver. He has his own business judaharmourindustries.com.au. If I'm honest, I wasn't certain at first. The Elder wasn't happy and things were a little awkward. But after the first night things smoothed themselves out and all was hunky dory. He's wonderful. I like him a lot. He was shy and quiet but was coming out of his shell by the time he was ready to leave.

I'm still not sure about the PDAs; I don't like too much mush. But I guess I could get used to them. *grin* It's just great to see Sunny so happy.

In a couple of weeks time I get to meet the Elder's new squeeze. Although I don't suppose I can call him a squeeze yet. They haven't met yet to squeeze. He's coming for a visit. We have chatted before via web cam and msn. He's Jawsome, and seems to be lots of fun. Not sure yet if MOTH will be happy though. Jawsome seems to be predisposed to fun.

No comments: