Thursday, June 05, 2008

In which I moan about my job...

Just for something different. I am organising a trip from Australia, through Europe then on to Canada and the USA. And home. They are supposed to depart in about a week. But the way things go here, I'll likely have the go ahead the day before they depart. It's really quite stressful.

I thought about applying for a job in Sydney once. Same sort of thing I'm doing now, but for a much better employer. And, hopefully, not as much of the bureaucratic nonsense. Working here is like opening a gift every day. There is just so much red tape. But ... MOTH nearly had apoplexy. Poor dear. I really shouldn't do that.

So there goes that idea.

The Teen celebrated her birthday the other day. I had hopes that it might have been good for her, but they were soon dashed. Silly me. Getting all optimistic there. She is going through a really tough time right now. She is being bullied. Badly enough for her to seriously consider taking a complaint to the police. She's terrified, but resolute as well. I absolutely admire her strength. I'm so proud of her. So strong, so firm. I don't think that at her age, I could have handled it myself. We'll stand by her, whatever she decides to do.

Just lately, I'm standing back and watching Elder and Sunny, wishing things were back on an even footing. I love them both dearly, but I can see things are sliding and I don't know how to help fix it. Not that I'm a fixer-upper by any means. They just need to talk. But something happened between them and both are a little unsure of where they stand. Elder withdraws from everyone - not just Sunny - and he's left bewildered and wondering what's going on. He tells MOTH that he's tried to talk, but I don't think that's the kind of talk they need. Right now, they just need to be silly with each other. Just to talk about the silly stuff, nothing of substance. I'm sure that's how they started out being friends. Just a hug in passing, some silly talk and things will right themselves. *optimism strikes again*

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Oh the joys of a house full of teens. I guess it's something only they can work out. Does Elder know that Sunny is wondering what's going on?

Good on Teen for standing up. Remember all the bullying I endured at school? It is horrible, to the point of being sick before school each morning. What are the teachers doing? Not much is my guess. Go to the principal and tell him you want the police involved if he can't stop it.