Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tomorrow today

So where was I up to?

Ah yes. We decided to take the Burnett Highway rather than the Bruce. Google told me it was at least half an hour quicker that way.

'Karen' - MOTH's pet GPS - was all programmed up and we were ready to be off. It was 6am. I think Karen might have still been a little sleepy; she told us to take the Brisbane Valley Highway about 5 metres before the turn. I happened to be looking that direction and saw the sign. Whoops! We had to do a Uturn and go back.


Car fun. Now why doesn't this camera have an image stabliser? Even my darned phone has one of those!

We passed through Wivenhoe and Esk


And wound through the ranges. And I think that was where I left off yesterday. We passed an accident around Blackbutt in the ranges there. A truck had gone over the side. I had heard about it on the radio but had forgotten about it. It had happened, apparently, at around 1am. They were doing forensics at 8am when we went through. I didn't have my camera ready. Luckily, the driver had been rushed to Esk hospital *Esk has a hospital??* so I took that as a good sign, rather than off to Brisbane.

We made good time. Much better than MOTH was thinking we would. While MOTH took a wee break at Goomeri, I staggered out of the car and sat on a bench at the service station.


And we arrived....

1 comment:

Butterfly Kissez said...

Ahhh aren't GPS's wonderful?? LOL...our son ended up disabling his as his girl kept telling him he was speeding and to slow down! Hubby thought it sounded a lot like my voice! And I'm pretty sure I don't nag THAT much lol. Plus the female ones usually say "Turn left...back there!"

*ecters* what a weird word =)