Monday, August 31, 2009

What was I SAYING?!

Did I rather foolishly mention something about summer? I take it back. Today is overcast and showers. Standing in the city waiting to cross the road, it truly felt like August. The wind was cutting; my face, ears and neck were freezing. I was wearing my one and only jumper with a jacket over the top. 3/4 sleeve knit top, lined skirt, stockings and sketchers.

Brrr!

The week has flown by. I've been devouring my books. And alas, I fear that may be detrimental. Like a drowning man, I've been grasping the books and of all that I have bought, most are finished. Well, perhaps I exaggerate slightly. I've finished two and three quarters; I have three left. Not to mention the one I borrowed from a workmate and finished on Saturday.

Ah. The joy of reading!

Most of the week has been prep for the return of the Mac. Well, no. The return of the Elder. Briefly. To collect belongings. Jawsome was also supposed to be returning but due to reasons to which I'm not privvy, had to delay.

The Teen lit out on Friday evening as is her usual. And returned Saturday morning to wait the arrival of the Elder. They were going to hang together. But Elder had been delayed by work matters. And alas, the Teen had to depart for a 21st birthday dinner before she arrived.

Saturday morning, I bit the bullet and decided that it was time to replace my favourite tote. It's a great size, I've had it for years, it always got comments but I can no longer use it without taking blood samples. Yes, the plastic on the outside is breaking and splitting. While that was happening on the bottom corners I could ignore it. Not now. The replacement is about the same size, has several zippers/pockets and is shiny red reptile print. I likes!

Late evening arrived, bringing with it the distinctive shound of Team Shitbox. Yes, it's still going!

We spent some time together then let her set herself up for the night. Around ten o'clock the doorbell went. The Teen had arrived back home after the dinner. She was very impressed with her meal....

Sunday morning, MOTH and I went out to Wogboy's new abode so Teen could collect her gear. I asked MOTH to come along so he could drive. He knows the way so much better than I you see. *beaming smile* We left Elder at home. She had stuff to pack you know!

Sunday afternoon, we three ladies lit out for the city. We had planned to see if we could book passage for the Teen to visit Elder on her turf during the school holidays. No such luck! The travel train office was closed. We thought it might be, but you never know. Turns out it only does business Monday to Friday.

Oh dear. Well, I shrugged. We'll just do it online when we get back home. Elder was starving so we decided to have foodage at Coffee Club. Where Elder's friend Ranga works. She's also one of my 'daughters'. I like her a lot. She's always cheerful and glad to see us.

Or so it appears....

Eventually after stuffing ourselves we managed to get up from the table to make a move home. But only made it as far as the dessert cabinet. Back to the table then! Elder had mudcake with cream and icecream. I think she got preferential treatment - she had more icecream than I did! I had key lime pie with cream and icecream. The Teen is watching her food intake, so she had a plain choc chip biscuit. Or maybe it was fig and pecan. I wasn't there when she chose it but she did mumble something about fig during our conversation. We spent a lot of time talking about strange things and laughing. I would love to know what snatches of our conversation were picked up by passing wait staff! Must have been good from some of the strange looks.

Time was getting on and it was time to head home. On the way back, we indulged ourselves kicking those hard seed pods that litter the ground this time of year. Someone went to kick one. The Teen or the Elder, I'm not sure which. And she missed. And staggered. I looked at one of the older ladies coming toward us. They were grinning. As was I.

Further down the street we approached the pub. There were three doormen lurking. And some random bloke walking toward us. He passed, and Teen turned behind him, making faces and waving her arms. When we finally stopped giggling, I looked up and one of the doormen had a smirk on his face. I leant toward the Teen. I think you were spotted. The Elder grinned. So it wasn't just me noticed that then, hey.

We arrived at the crossing; ready to push the button. I don't know what Teen had been smoking but she leaned forward to push it. With her head. Which apparently connected before she was ready. She heard the bang before she felt the hurt. I thought Elder was going to expire. She was laughing hard and gasping for breath at the same time. Luckily, there was no drool!

When we eventually calmed down we found our footsteps wandering past the Ed Hardy store. Teen noticed the OMG SALE sign and turned in. Just so we could look. The Elder had already dismissed a stop earlier in the afternoon; the opportunity had now arrived. There was some good looking stuff. And a totally great sale! Teen wanted to purchase. After some consideration of finances and spending money for the trip, she purchased a t-shirt. It was reduced to $50 - from $150. A good bargain.

On the way home she discovered she had drastically miscalculated and overspent. Oh dear! But what the heck! You, my dear, now own for the first time a proper brand label. And for cheaper than eBay. Well done!

Alas, that also meant she didn't have enough for the train tickets. *sighs* But hey! She has an Ed Hardy tee! We went online to book and pay for the tickets. It's travel during school holidays and you know how quickly those seats fill! We decided what dates she wanted to travel. We decided what times. I went to fill out the booking form. I added the leg for the return. Nope, it couldn't book one of the seats - mind it doesn't tell you which one, and you have to start over.

I started over. I changed the northbound date. I booked the northbound trip. I booked the southbound trip. Now it's telling me I have a student fare north, and an adult fare south. No! No, no, no! I have to start over. I do it again. Still! Student north, adult south. I have to start over. Bugger! This time I do one leg at a time. I book the northbound trip for the original date. Nope, not available. Dang. I start over. I book the northbound trip for the changed date. Yes! I decide I had better book the return. I book the southbound trip for the original date. Yes! Perfect. She has the journey booked. And I'm down $95. *kisses and soothes credit card* It just means I must find other monies for our dinner out on Thursday. *sigh*

Will have to let you know how that goes in my next update, won't I....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Sadly, $50 for a tee shirt is not good value. K Mart has them much cheaper you know! lol!

I did like the head butt story though.

xx

*ingstr*. Nope, got nothin'