Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chikka chow! Day 3.

.... Aaaannnnd I was awake again. Early. *sigh*

Mmmmmm. All these books to read. The odd thing is that I've got a couple of books from the library, but I'm currently reading.... one of my own! There is a method to the madness though. This book precedes one of the tomes I borrowed. So I'm having to refamiliarise myself with the story before I begin the sequel. Ah. I love reading!

My phone goes off. Amazingly it's a text from the Teen. Mu-um! Can I leave school today at 09.40? Why? Because that's when my friend is leaving and I want time to relax and plan? *sighs* I don't imagine that there will be many year 12s hanging around school today, so I concede. But 10am I tell her. She's happy with that.

MOTH and I pop up to the shops. We start comparing the limits of our vision and I decide it's time to organise an eye exam. It's been about 4 years since my last one. And my glasses script was kinda outdated then.

The Teen catches up with us while I'm in the supermarket trying to decide which chocolate I'm buying this time. We chat to the friend's parents and venture back home.

She chills for a while then starts to get ready. While she's sitting next to me in the rumpus room waiting for her friend to return home from having her hair and makeup done - they are getting ready together - she finds out that Wogboy hasn't quite followed the instructions she gave him and now things are confused with the lass who is going to be doing her makeup. She's stressing, so we eventually work out that she will dress at her friend's place, then travel to Wogboy's to have the makeup done as the last thing. This means that she won't be having photos taken with her friend.

Eventually her friend gets home and she's got approximately 3/4 of an hour to dress and do her hair. Yoiks! We pick her up and just down the road she realises she's forgotten to grab her false lashes. Back we go for the pickup. And off again to Wogboy's house.

Seated and work starts. The lashes caused a bit of a problem - the glue gets on her fingers and gosh it's hard to place them!

Time constraints are looming as the work progresses. But finally it's done and the result is amazing!

You're off now Teen. Have fun and I'll see you tomorrow. I'm so proud of you!

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

she looks just like her meddling old aunt! (not) *sigh*.

Lovely pic, kiddo, all growd up now. this old aunt is proud too.

(and didn't I tell you to make sure she had everything? *cheeky grin*).

can't wait for the rest of the pics.

*parudg* I think I'll have some parudg for breakfast today....