Monday, November 16, 2009

Murder she wrote!

Yes, that's right. I'm watching Murder She Wrote. With Jessica Fletcher. So, someone tell me, why didn't someone just up and job her one?

The last week just couldn't go fast enough. It was all the build up getting things ready to go on holiday. At work of course. Admin2 was away all week, well almost all week, so I had some of her work to do as well. Why does she call me to tell me that she's sending me an email? Four days and she calls me twice.

The final week of school rolls closer and things are getting hectic. The dress has been picked up after the final alteration. Whew. They were very apologetic, and the alteration looks fine. The Teen informed me that she won't be getting dressed here. She's going to a friend's place to finish up. How am I going to get photos? Well, she said, you can come down with us... It took a while to work out that she meant they were going to have some photos taken at the Lake and we were welcome to go there and get some. Right! Done. Guess I'll have to put up with the friend in the photos too.

Ah well.

She has so much to do on the day of the Formal, including school. I suggested that she should probably write out a schedule so she knows where she needs to be at what time.

Friday night was going to be quiet. The Teen was going out with some friends. The girl dropped over early; they got ready and left. I quit the day early - I'd been up since an early hour. Later that night the girls returned and left again. Early Saturday morning at Dead hour, I was woken by voices outside the window. Yep. They'd returned and were sitting out the front. I called out to tell them shush, and they soon disappeared. Indoors apparently. When I came out to the kitchen Saturday morning, there they were. Crowded in the rumpus room and watching noisy dvds.

They left to wander up to the shops and that was the last I saw of the boys. The girls came back later and retired to the Teen's room.

Saturday evening I drove the Teen over to Wogboy's place. With instructions we would pick her up 10am sharp on Sunday.

MOTH and I retired for a quiet night.

Sunday morning we were up early. The Teen had an appointment on the other side of the city to have hair extensions fitted. MOTH thought we might go visit Bestie since we were going to be in the same 'burb. I thought we might have some relax time and have a couple of flat whites instead. Oh no! The Teen gets flustered. You HAVE to come with ME! I KNEW I should have asked my friend to come with me. She's a bit of a Nervous Nellie. We'll see what happens.

We rocked up to the place we were supposed to be. Up the front stairs and I waited for her to knock. Oh no! I had to do it. AND I had to stand next to her. The lass answered the door and invited us in. After a short time, Teen settled in and I was free to leave.

We had about an hour and a half to waste. First stop was McDonald's. For lunch. MOTH and I shared a quarter pounder meal. I phoned Bestie; it went to the answering machine. The shopping centre in that suburb is very, very basic. Dull. Maybe there was somewhere else we could go? We thought about it and MOTH remembered the shopping centre up the road. We drove up there and right up front visible as the first thing we saw was .... BCF.

I told MOTH he could look in there. If he had to. We spent an hour there. An inspection of the rest of the shopping centre; and just as we decided to head back the text to say she was done arrived.

MOTH muffed the exit to the centre and we ended up in a deadend in the carpark. *shakes head*

Then home to recover and a nanna nap.

And I'm on holidays! w00t!

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

that kid of yours needs a pop doesn't she? lol.

sounds like you need this holiday yes? enjoy.... lucky bag....

*cornize*....um.... that joke was rather cornize? no? well, I got nothin then.