Monday, November 09, 2009

Feeling a little overrun right now....

I'm the only Admin person here this week. Although I enjoy the quiet, I'd much rather that she was here doing her own work!

You know, I'm beginning to think that I should probably just do away with the rest of my week. Nothing much happens, just the usual sleep / work cycle.

The weekends are what it's all about!

Thursday I picked up the Teen's dress for the Formal. The ladies in the shop love it. When she tried it on, they commented that she looked like a superstar. The woman who served me commented again that she looked stunning.

Since I couldn't pick up until around 5pm, I got to take the long bus ride home. Luckily the shop gave me a hanger and a 'suit bag' of sorts that I could pack it in. Do you have ANY idea how DIFFICULT it is to hang on to a dress in a suit bag when you are trying not to fall asleep?? Oh, and it was a different bus home too. Since I was going to the supermarket in the next 'burb, not home.

Friday morning I was on the usual bus and touring around the back end of our burb, picking up randoms. Well, maybe not so random - they were standing at bus stops. At one of the roundabouts, an army personnel carrier goes past. And another. And another. There goes our good taxpayer dollars at work. They must have been going out to the range for exercises. I got tired just thinking about it.

Friday. The work Christmas lunch. We went to the same place as we did last year. The German Club. The meals are fairly resonably priced. I guess. Most are around the $15 to $20 range. But the serves are generous. I am usually quite picky about where I sit at the table *alright I'm rather an ogre* and I didn't get to sit where I wanted. I bit my tongue and stayed where I was. The choices weren't that great and I couldn't really swap seats without looking obvious. I had ordered crumbed fish and salad with chips. It was a little overdone, but still palatable. I didn't finish it all, and the GTs down my end of the table were a little surprised. Ok, so I LOOK like I eat a lot... After lunch and a weak, non existent speech from the GM, most of the staff went back to work. A few of the diehards did not. I was the only female staffer left. One of the GTs noticed. Hey! You're still here *I THINK he was happy about that* and someone chimed in Yeah, but Sol is more of a bloke than she is a woman! That was SUPPOSED to be a compliment. But he is forgiven. *grins*

When I arrived home from work I discovered that the Teen would be staying home. I'm a little worried about the status of the relationship. There seems to be a male friend of Wogboys who seems intent on driving a wedge between the two of them. Whether he's doing it on purpose or just selfish I don't know. But I've noticed that a long time friend or two no longer appear on the scene, and even another friend is slowly disappearing from view. In fact, as far as I can tell, they are never ALONE anymore. I really really REALLY do not like people like that.

But where was I? Oh yes. She got home. And found out that her English teacher had been bugging MOTH about a missing assignment. I don't like that much either. These kids are nearly adults. They are old enough to think for themselves. Why do the teachers still think it's a parent's responsibility when the kids know perfectly well what the consequences are?

At any rate, MOTH told him there was no point asking him about it; he should be talking to me. I think Teacher was a little taken aback. MOTH doesn't beat around the bush these days.

As soon as Teen discovered the assignment was STILL IN HER BAG and she hadn't handed it in at all, she dived back to the school. Too late! She was upset and verging on tears of frustration. I emailed Teacher on Saturday morning.

Somewhere in there, a GF turned up. Teen modelled the Formal dress for her. BUGGER! One of the alterations had not been done. Luckily it wasn't a big one, but still I had paid for it. I would have to take the dress back.

Not long after, I encouraged her and the attendant GF to walk up to the shops. She wasn't impressed. However, by the time we arrived there she was feeling at bit better. Then I had a text from Sunny. What are you doing? Ummm wandering around the supermarket looking for food? Oh. Can I come over and bring some Passion Pop with me? Sure! Between the Teen, Sunny, GF and I we polished off 3 bottles of the stuff in short order.

A little later that evening, GFs other half and a couple of his friends turned up. Dunno where they came from! They didn't stay all that long when they decided to walk up to the shops. Sunny invited me along so we could have a sundae at Maccas. Yep, I'm in! We walked up. Left GF, Teen and the others at the shops. Sundae time with Sunny and I.

We collected the Teen on the way back, chattered for a while longer and then Sunny left. I crashed.

Saturday was a quiet recovery day. Till the evening. The Teen was going out. Again! Man, where do they get the energy? But with FatA this time. Next thing I know the GF turned up. Again. I don't really mind I guess, but boy this GF can sure talk about herself! The three of them went out. She told me Sunday afternoon that she had come home around 1am.

While she slept on, MOTH and I took off for an ex-GTs place for cake and coffee. There were a couple of other workmates there. The house - the small part of it I saw - is lovely. We wasted a couple of hours there, then decided to do the Walk. The walk along the mile, peering in windows, wishing and dreaming of all the things we can't have.

We did that for an hour. Until I could feel myself cooking and demanded it was time to give up. I think we'd covered half of it, both sides of the street.

I was tomato red *come on in dad, the water's boiling!* and in fact, still am. The lights here at work exaggerate it and I'm looking somewhat like a fire engine.

Sunday night, we talked, bullied, badgered Wogboy into coming over for a while. He wasn't going to; he had to do something for the PIA as mentioned earlier first. As always. He had dinner with us, stayed for a while then went home.

Today the dress is dropped off, and hopefully I remember to collect it Wednesday on my way home from work....

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

when's the formal?

so, does that mean she and wogboy are drifting apart? can they talk about it like adults? probs not...

I can relate to tomato red. Dobby is very red and i got a bit pink packing up the van Sunday morning. oh well, it will tan up.

*ricaltsk* um, nope. sounds like a name you have to guess...

JoeinVegas said...

Will we get pics of the formal? It sounds nice (if you get all the alterations)