Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day Deux

Two days down already! Man!

Today I resolved to do not much of anything. After I awoke early. Of course. I wandered out of bed and ventured out to the garden. The herbs haven't died yet, despite the best efforts of a suspected possum the other night.

The temp was supposed to climb today and it was already getting there. I dived through the shower and planted myself in the rumpus room with the airconditioning. And there I stayed. Reading, facebooking, sudokuing. Gotta love time off work.

I was good though and took a long enough break to do the washing and peg it out.

I checked the temperature on the kitchen thermometer. 34deg C! Heck. No wonder the washing felt like it was almost dry before I finished pegging it out!

The afternoon rolled around and I had to pick up the Teen and go buy the false eyelashes she wanted. I only had to wait a few minutes for her but I was melting in the car.

We took off to the shops and she picked the ones she thought might work best. They were $9. I did have a discount voucher I was hoping to use and by the time I finished the sale, I only paid $3! Bargain!

*uh oh. i've turned the aircon off and have kept the doors/windows closed and running the fan. MOTH has just come in, gone out and left the door open*

Tonight, it's been storming. The Teen is sleeping at a friend's place tonight so we headed out. The thunder rolled and in the headlights we watched the steam drift from the slick and shiny road. Beautiful. The lightening flashed, rendering the night as bright as day for that brief period. Occasionally it sounded ... loudly! The Teen and I looked at each other. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to leave MOTH at home by himself after all. *MOTH doesn't like loud thunder and lightening. he jumps. VERY high* What if he ended up doing a 'dead cockroach' while we were out?

I dropped her off and drove her back home. Whew. He's still in the chair, right where we left him. *grins*

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

bloody men. in our house, dobby is the one who leaves doors open. frequently.

doesn't like storm, huh? i guess you have to let him sleep inside during storms, like we do with ozzie. so long as he doesn't soil the floor I guess it's okay..

*ingsha*. sounds japanese and dangerous...