Monday, March 08, 2010

That darned dog!

I was awake early this morning. I think a cat was trying to climb the screen door. The front one, just outside my bedroom. Stupid animal. MOTH told me the cat was black. That it just walked away with it's tail in the air when he tried to scare it away.

*shakes head* Cats are a law unto themselves really.

But that was around 3am. I dozed until about 5.30am and thought it was time to get up and start doing .... stuff.

I'm almost ready for work and I'm sitting in the rumpus room. It's now around 6, 6.30am. The dog next door starts. They must be away. It's crying and barking occasionally. *sigh* Just as well I'M not trying to sleep. If you were, it would certainly wake you up.

And usually, you can't tell there is even a dog there.

It's really annoying this morning though.

The week has gone so quickly. Again.

Tuesday, the Teen decided to hire some dvd's. I like this, because I like to kick back and relax this way. We ended up with GI Joe, The Orphan, District 9 and one other whose name escapes me now. We didn't watch them all in one night, but as it turned out, I didn't get to see the Orphan.

Wednesday, Raisin returned home to sort out some things. Not sure when she'll be back - a couple of weeks yet I think. We took a lovely drive out to the airport and were prepared to park for a couple of hours to wait with her. She insisted she would be fine and after some pushing, she made sure we left. Driving over the pass, I could have sworn I could smell pies. I'd eaten dinner, but it smelled so good I was ready to go another round!

The Teen is still packing, and discovering all these things she will need to buy for herself. She is very stressed, but at the same time, very excited. The plans to get a house with a friend are now on hold; she'll be staying with a friend of the Elder. She's very nervous about this too.

She was delirious with happiness Friday night. It was time, and she dragged me off to the video store again. This time we got out ..... This Is It.

Sorry people, but I actually enjoyed it! *sheepish grin*

Saturday I was up early and hanging to go to one of the big shopping malls on the outskirts. I know it sounds like I do a lot of shopping, but really I mall rat. I just like to window shop and spend time in the food courts. I was born a country girl, but I like to be on the edges of the crowds just watching them go by, watch the bustle and listen to the noise.

Sunday was a quiet day. I did a load of washing, but it's been raining for so long my dryer has stopped functioning to capacity. An hour just dries the clothes. If it doesn't stop soon, I think I'm going to be growing webbing (or mould) between my toes. I looked at the vacuum cleaner, but couldn't get myself motivated enough to do that either. I love Sundays.

Oh! The other movie was Gamer....!

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Hey! I must be a country girl too! I enjoy just sitting and watching. Isn't that strange! lol!

When does she leave?

And both Dobby and I want to see This Is It, so don't feel bad... :-)

*scrom* heh, sounds like something you would eat at a sushi restaurant...