Monday, March 29, 2010

This post has no title

The week has gone again, and I can't believe it. Where does Time go? Wish he'd go on holidays. I realised this morning that I'm on the way to 50! Ack!

I'm sure there have been amusing things that have happened during the week. But since I'm getting old *see above* I never remember what they are, only the previous two days. Don't ask me why, nothing exciting ever happens on the weekends.

It's been about three weeks now I think since the Teen moved out. We've settled into the quiet well. At least, I think we have. It's usually too quiet to tell.

Maybe the Teen isn't handling it so well. She stresses about not having any funds. She stresses about where she's living. She stresses about the job. Ah well my lovely. Welcome to the real world - independence is not such a great thing after all, yes?

The Elder toddles on, and if she stresses about much she keeps it to herself.

Sometime during the week, MOTH called out to me. Hon, can you come look at my computer? Somethings going wrong. Great *sigh* I have a degree, but no practical experience really. It's out of date. But because of those little letters, I know everything about everything. So I go to look. Uh oh, he's picked up a trojan. One of the nasty ones who close off your functioning virus protection, change your access and probably log all your codes and also sends out spam. Nothing for it but a complete reformat and hope it's not hiding deeper than the OS.

So that's on the waiting list....

Saturday morning I was up early. The sun was shining and I looked at the side yard. Yep, that could definitely do with a haircut. I must remind MOTH that it needs doing. Meantime I pulled a few fallen palm fronds from the garden, trimmed them a little and dumped them in the garden bin.

Around mid morning I talked MOTH into coming with me to the shopping precinct I was interested in. I have a few games I'd like to trade as well, and I noticed an EB store there last time.

We wandered around window shopping. There are some lovely homewares and furniture there. When we eventually arrived at EB I took in the games, only to be told that they don't trade PC games. Darn! I left the store and we decided to console ourselves with Baskin and Robbins.

I still have the games and I'm not sure what I will do with them yet. They're useless to me now - I have an iMac without any Windows installed.

I was supposed to go out to a 21st party on Saturday night with Sunny and Judah. They didn't end up going and neither did I. I didn't want to go by myself - I know the girl well but I don't know her friends.

Sunday I spent some time packing up some of Raisin's belongings. This is going to be an expensive exercise. I've got two large boxes already and I am certain I am going to need more. I have enough trouble getting myself motivated to pack MY stuff, let alone someone else's.

MOTH mowed the lawn.

I also looked at my old phone. I toyed with the idea of taking it to cash converters along with the games. I dunno though. I haven't done anything with it yet.

Sunday night I cooked roast chicken pieces and veg for dinner then settled down to watch Bones. Only to discover it was a repeat. But guess what! It was a repeat that I didn't get to watch much of when it screened. Icecream and fruit for dessert then time for Castle. It was a repeat too. *sigh*

And sometime during the week, I've an episode of V to catch up on.

I was awoken with a nasty start last night. There is a cat who has taken to chasing gekkos on our front screen door. I think the bloody thing jumps halfway up or climbs up the screen, and it doesn't care if you try to chase it away. I need to find a way to deter it.

This morning I peeped out the window and saw the bush turkey chick in the garden again. It's not much of a chick anymore but is getting bigger each time I see it. Hopefully it's not a male - the last thing my retaining wall needs is a male turkey building a nest in my front yard! So while it's still small, I'm happy to see the wildlife wandering around my place....

4 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Baskin and Robbins is always good for consolation...

I am nasty. I would be telling Raisin to do her own packing, you don't have time. Cause, well, I wouldn't have the time. Can MOTH do some? And don't send it till she puts money into your account, otherwise you could end up getting burned.

I missed a lot of TV over the weekend. Was busy. As always...

JoeinVegas said...

Well, it still sounded like a busy weekend.

Chris H said...

Hi Chick. YOu are so WRONG about me and Stew having some 'just us two' time before we got grandchildren!
Brylee and Griffin came to us (at birth) while we still had 2 of our sons living at home, aged 10 and 12!
So NOPE.. we are yet to experience any 'JUST THE TWO OF US' time!
When me met I already had my first 4 children too... so it's NEVER HAPPENED!

Butterfly Kissez said...

Lol teens and the "real world" don't mesh too well do they??

Mmmmm Baskins & Robbins =)

*unons* we had steak and unons tonight...was good lol