Monday, March 22, 2010

The week that was.

It was a quiet week really. Not speaking workwise of course. Just home.

There are only the two of us at home. As you know. I think I like the idea. Raisin is definitely not returning, having asked us to pack up her stuff and ship it back to her. I've only managed to fill one box so far. There is another to go. Shipping through Qantas is expensive. For a 30kg consignment, the cost is approximately $200. At least, that's what I calculated. I think just one box itself might come close to 20kg.

I spent some time during the week familiarising myself with the mac environment. It certainly is different. I'm not used to the speed, working with my hair blowing back as the wind from the processor runs tendrils through my hair. Well, so maybe I exaggerate slightly. The internet keeps dropping out so I'm not going anywhere nearly that fast!

Friday night I had arranged to have a movie night with Sunny. Friday morning, I had a call from Judah. I think I've mentioned before that Sunny has been diagnosed with depression. He hasn't been medicated for some time and seemed to be doing well. Just this last week, he seems to have hit a trough and things were getting to crisis point. I just cannot fathom why he doesn't come to talk before it gets that bad. He knows he can.

So I wasn't sure that Friday would still be on. I'd tried to confirm it, but hadn't had a return text.

He arrived around 6.30, we had dinner and settled in to watch the movie. Underworld 2. With popcorn. Hot, buttered popcorn. And coloured sweet popcorn. I was in popcorn heaven. And I like the movie too.

After the movie and we chatted for a while, I discovered that yes, Sunny was indeed bottoming out. We talked and he cried and we walked. Eventually he fell asleep on the couch. I left him there to sleep and let Judah know where he was.

Saturday morning I was up early to get a drink of water. I checked on him then, and he was still sleeping. I was up again at 6am. He had gone. I was desperately worried that he might have done something silly. But he hadn't and I've not heard anything since so I'm taking that as a good sign. Far better than the alternative.

Saturday MOTH and I went up to the shops to sit for a while and possibly pick up some grocery staples like bread and milk. When we returned home, I did a small amount of housework and nanna napped on the couch. While I was napping, MOTH got into the front garden and trimmed some trees.

Sunday we cut up the branches that had been trimmed the day before. Goodness but the trees look bare. If I'm not careful, I could end up with visibility in the front yard! I did some more housework and typed a letter. An annual update I was supposed to have done just before Christmas. Some people I know like to know what their friends have been doing during the year. Odd, yes I know. But I had no ink! The text came out green! I decided to head off to Hardly Normal to see if they had cartridges for the printer. Yes, they did. But not of the yellow. *sigh* We decided to head off to another branch in a different suburb.

We hadn't been there for some time and wow! There is a new shopping precinct with space for lease and new shops going in all over the place. I didn't know it existed! There are retail and food outlets. And everything! Since we were only headed for printer cartridges, we saved the full inspection for another time. This outlet had the cartridges I wanted. Each single cartridge was $16.95, except high yield black. That was $51. Ouch! Then a photo pack caught my eye. Four cartridges - magenta, yellow, cyan and photo black - and 150 sheets of photo paper for less than $40. Bargain! I bought that.

Home again, cartridges inserted and letter printed.

Whew. Napping on the couch for half hour, help MOTH prep dinner and settle in to watch Bones. Which reminds me, I now have two episodes of V ready for viewing.....

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

I have yet to see a single ep of V.

Did you try Office Works? We have the same thing here. Often you will find one colour is missing on the rack, so you have to buy the full set. But that's okay, it's often cheaper. Sometimes it's not...

Yes, the mac is fast, isn't it? I think I would like more RAM in mine though. Too much stuff on it, starting to slow down a tad...

*forti* heh. Wish I still was...

Butterfly Kissez said...

I'm lucky...MM runs a computer shop from home and we have stocks of printer inks, papers and every other consummable right here in the spare work room lol...*spoilt*

*anlitu* Pah I have Monday brain...