Monday, January 15, 2007

So, skinny or rich?

One of the local stations has a phone in. Every morning. Usually while I am on the way to work. Considerate of them, isn't it. I am not sure what kicked it off this morning, but the eventual topic was if you could choose, which would it be. Skinny, or rich. For me, this would be a no-brainer, but it seemed that some of the girls thought otherwise. Ooohhhh, part of me says I want to be skinny, and part of me says I want to be rich. I don't know what the out come was, I arrived before it ended. The fellas on the 'panel' thought Rich. How could there be any other choice? And for me, I'm right there with 'em.

I mean, I'm not young any more. I've had a couple of kids. Things are no longer where they used to be. And I figure, they aren't likely to ever get back that way in a hurry. Unless I kill myself at the gym to lose a little, and nature sure as heck isn't going to stand by and let me get away with that. So, if I'm rich, I can buy a gym membership and a fitness guru to totally ignore. I would much rather pay attention to my hairdresser, my stylist and my wardrobe mistress. Oh, and the dentist and the beauty consultant. Tell you, they would have to earn their money. But if you're rich, you can get away with a lot. Skinny chick couldn't afford that. And I could spend the rest of my life looking like a million dollars. And rich. Did I mention rich?

No comments: