Friday, January 19, 2007

TG for POETS Day

Well, it's Friday. And I can't wait to get out of here. Fair enough to say I am at work. Doing worky things. Or at least I was. Very slack worky things though. Organising for a conference, so I just have to take time to view a vid of a proposed speaker. Have to make sure he makes the grade. And check out some samples of collateral. Got to make sure they are up to standard too. Ah, sometimes I love this job. Since I have been flat out, busily inspecting this stuff, I think it's time to pull up a chair, put up the feet and ruminate about what I can possibly put in my blog today. I'm learning to type with the keyboard on my lap...

I read another blog which lurks around the blogger site. As in read, present tense. Regularly. Religiously even. It gives me something to look forward to in the morning. When they contribute that is. Which is most days. It always makes me smile, but today one paragraph was so funny, I cacked out loud. Which elicited a quick check to make sure that no one was lurking in the immediate vicinity. Wondering who let the chooks loose. But no, I was quite alone and therefore safe.

But, back to the title, it's Friday. And I can't wait to get out of here. Because, as you may have guessed, tomorrow is Saturday. And I am still currently Teen-less. It has, oddly enough, been a very quiet week. MOTH has been at a loose end. No one to argue with. Not as much washing. As for the social front, well, as stated previously, compared to my life, Eleanor Rigby's was a mad, mad whirl. But I do have an invitation this weekend. Themed. Wigs and silly hats. Can't we just make do with rapier wit and sparkling conversation???

No comments: