Monday, January 29, 2007

A blah day, where I get to moan. And think about slinkies.

Been a bit of a while since I last graced these pages with a bland mixture of social comment and whinging. And, as I sit at my desk and ponder the non-excitement of my life while the body vacuums up the caffeine it has just ingested, will today be any different?

Whew. Second session at Pilates mat class since early December. I am beginning to remember muscles I never knew I had. Especially as I am asked to move them in ways I am sure nature never intended. My nature, anyway. Ok, so I did notice, before 'summer break' that I was actually developing biceps. Which is a bit of a miracle. For me. I don't think I even had those when I was a kid. Now, if I can just get the same thing happening for those 'canteen lady' arms I am forced to work with.....

Ah. Slinkies. I remember the hours, well minutes, of fun I had with those as a kid. Pushing them down the back stairs. Watching them fall through the steps. Into the dirt. Because they never seemed to make it to the next stair. Back when slinkies were actually metal. Not this cheapo plastic stuff they pass off as slinkies these days. And trying to sort out the tangles. They always managed to get into some sort of rubic's puzzle which could never be sorted. After days of trying. And finally crying "Da-ad!" So. Here's to slinkies --

"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs."

-- Don't know who said that. But I like it........

No comments: