Saturday, February 17, 2007

It's raining men. Or water. Which is better.

At about 2am this morning, while trying to run a scan (WHAT!! What do you mean "experiencing problems" and have to close??? You CAN'T dothistome!!!) during a night that held the promise of another restless one, it rained. So brief that I blinked and thought I'd been dreaming. But it made me think of how the weather makes me feel. But now, several hours later in the cold, uncompromising light of day, I am not sure that I shall be as articulate as I was last night, when the probablity was high that I could have been capable of running off at the mouth. Mentally.

I love the sound of rain at night. It makes me want to snuggle up in bed. Hmmmm warm, snug, safe. During the day, provided I don't actually have to venture out in the stuff, I like to curl up in bed with a good book.

I hate summer and the humidity. It gives me headaches, makes me lethargic and highly combustible. It's good to avoid me during summer.

Winter. It slows me down, makes me torpid. Wish I could hibernate. Gives me headaches. I'm prone to depression. I think I spend most of my time saying Huh? I don' get it?

But spring and autumn. Ah..... A beautiful clear day. An almost cloudless sky. The breeze lifts my hair and the spirits soar. Those days I could climb Everest. Breathe deep, chest expands. I feel light as air. Nothing pulls me down, all is right with the world and I love you all.

The power of a summer storm. In the evening. Before the rain starts to fall in earnest and I must flee indoors. The wind lifts me and carries me away, sweeping all before me. I lean into the wind, smell the impending rain, watch the ligtning split the sky and wish I were able to morph into something sleek, silent and powerful. Gliding through the silken cover of the darkness, face to the wind. Sliding past pools of light cast carelessly from the windows of the fools indoors who cannot feel the power of the night..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOL forgot to mention it was her birthday while she was contemplating the rain, or lack there of...

SOL's view said...

Shhhh...... don't tell!!