Wednesday, February 14, 2007

St Valentines Day. Or not.

As you may have guessed, today is St Valentines Day. Not that I ever bother to observe it beyond thinking, sometimes several days before, A box of chocolates would be nice. But then, a box of chocolates are welcome anytime. A friend had to remind me what day it was. Today, I went off to work and didn't wish MOTH a happy val's day. Hope he knows I meant it anyway.

Didn't feel like doing much for lunch today. You know, you've reached the end of the fortnight, the cupboard is getting bare so you go for something basic, easy and downright non-nutritional. So, today's menu is an apple, melting moments biscuits and a jam sandwich. Just like Old Poss.

Which brought to mind a program I used to enjoy as a teen. Ok, so it was geared for kids, but I liked it just the same. Hosted by x-Sky Hooks frontman, Shirley. And a bloke in a walloping great kangaroo suit, called Norm. No, the suit was called Norm. We had no idea who was inside it. And featuring an odd assortment of animal puppet sidekicks. Including Old Poss. A possum who loved jam sandwiches. Shirl taught me to appreciate Aussie Rules. And, of course, I followed Hawthorn. Not to any great depth, but hey! They were the top team back then. I loved his down to earth attitude - "I don't care if she's the queen. She'll still have some of these about" (toilet rolls) for instance. But of course, my favourite was Claude the Crow. A big black bird with a whole lot of mean. Sigh, miss you Shirl.......

1 comment:

Nabeel said...

awww .. yes a box of chocolates are welcome anytime. And well Valentine's day is kinda over hyped. Formalities ruin it.