Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The joy of Friday. Or a lament that it's only Tues...

What a depressing thought. Today feels like it's Friday (yay). Instead it turns out to be Tuesday.


I did, however, manage to get with the girls for a lunch. Long overdue I might add. They are always good for a laugh. And remind me that it' s good to be a member of the sistahood. Oh, and by the way woman, where is my address list for those shops? You promised!!

My books finally arrived from Amazon. I am soooo happy. Now I have something different to do this weekend. If I can muster the enthusiasm. I noted, while trying out some Manga stuff, that all my calligraphy nibs seem to have left home. Just packed up and moved out. Which is a major inconvenience. These were given to someone who gave them to MOTH so they didn't cost me anything. And, now, I have found out that to replace just one nib is going to cost as much as $5. Sigh. I don't seem to do anything by halves.

And I still haven't found those comics that I lost. Or rather put somewhere safe........

It's O-week here at campus. For the - luckily - uninitiated, that's Orientation Week. It's the party week before the students take over the campus for the semester. And the buses. So there goes the neighbourhood, and you can't move unless you are dodging the rampant youth of the nation. So far, being only Tuesday and all, apart from one noticeably noisy episode, they seem to be rather well behaved. I recall one year seeing them roam wild in all sorts of weird get up. In groups. With different costumes for each group. Rather like an anthropological study of tribes. But tomorrow is Wednesday. Super-weak Market Day. When you rub shoulders with the students in the name of getting your hands on a freebie. Nothing like it......

No comments: